Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI and Dish Network Account

tag
Oyiwaa
Regular Contributor

AFNI and Dish Network Account

Hello,

I received a dunning notice today from AFNI, collecting on behalf of DishNetwork (the OC). Same account was previously reported by two other CAs - both deleted after DV and disputes. 

Now, AFNI sent this letter though they have not reported to the CRAs.  Debt appears valid, though I have to contact a former renter who was responsible for the payments. Account was closed last year (2011) and therefore still within SOL.

I want to:

-- Send AFNI a DV, and then if verified, proceed with a payment plan to pay the account in full 

OR

-- Contact DishNetwork and pay the account.

What would you advice - I do not want it to get to my CRs.

Cheers, Oyiwaa

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: AFNI and Dish Network Account

If you are able to pay the OC, then do that.

If not, contact AFNI and see if they will do a PFD. They likely will but get it in writing.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 3
Oyiwaa
Regular Contributor

Re: AFNI and Dish Network Account

Thanks - 

AFNI is currently not reporting. I am interested in using installment plan to Pay In Full (to either the OC or AFNI)  so long as they (AFNI) do NOT report the account to the CRAs. 

How best do I accomplish that?  I can send a PFD, but I thought those are to be used for accounts that are being reported to the CRAs.  So, should I just send a letter to the OC with my first payment (money order) and promising to send the others?  Would that prevent them from reporting to the CRAs?

cheers, Oyiwaa

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.