Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI ignored my DV - complained to BBB

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

AFNI ignored my DV - complained to BBB

I sent my 2nd DV out asking them to delete ASAP since they did not verify and I complained to the BBB. I hope this works Smiley Happy
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: AFNI ignored my DV - complained to BBB

In addition to the BBB, file a complaint with your state's AG and the AG from the state of the CA.  Also file a complaint with the FTC.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clarify for me, because I've been under the impression that if the CA fails to DV then you go straight to the CRA w/supt docs and request a DEL.

What's the purpose of the 2nd DV ltr?

SerenityBound....indeed!
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The BBB gets their attention more than any other process.  I got to talk to an upper manager who agreed to a PFD settlement.  Once I received their signed PFD agreement back,They took their time getting it off my report.  So I tried to get in touch with that manager who signed the letter and could not.  I sent the letter to the CRA's with the BBB information on it and also the manager's signature that they will delete and it was deleted.  I think of AFNI as an organization of crooks.  I had another account that was under BK from 2004 they bought from Charter in 2007.  WTF.  I contacted Charter with my information and the BK information CC'd my attorney and CC'd AFNI.  I immediately got some call from a special relations manager at Charter and she wanted more proof of the BK.  I sent her proof.  She said they will tell AFNI to delete ASAP.  AFNI did not delete but put the account under their name as included in BK.  WTF again.  I immediately contacted Experian and talked to a rep, he seen what they did and deleted the account on the spot.  In other words the account should have never went to AFNI, how are they going to claim the account as their account IIB.  Equifax and TU has not been updated yet. 
Message 4 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I am not too sure about the second DV.  Maybe for more proof on your part?  And as far as the BBB, the only way it can make a difference is if the company is a member of the BBB.  If not the BBB has not got a lot of pull with them.  I have had two responses from the BBB that pretty much clarified that issue. 

Message Edited by guiness56 on 03-07-2008 02:13 PM
Message 5 of 9
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Clarify for me, because I've been under the impression that if the CA fails to DV then you go straight to the CRA w/supt docs and request a DEL.
What's the purpose of the 2nd DV ltr?
SerenityBound....indeed!

Odds of the CRA deleting are slim. They will either consider it a dispute (and the CA can verify, again) or they will let you know that it has already been disputed. From what I have seen, they will not just delete the account entirely.
Message 6 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If the CA is reporting illegally and the CRA allows it by verifying, they too can face a lawsuit. I am going to send all the information I have to the CRA, if they do not delete the account, they will be included in the claim.

Message Edited by guiness56 on 03-07-2008 04:55 PM
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not according to Equifax. Just had an arugment with a 'manager' (albeit one in India) who YELLED at me that they don't have to 'verify' anything, all they have to do is contact the CA by manual or automated means and say 'are you reporting correctly?' and the creditor has to say 'why yes we are'.  My saying 'why no, they are not!' is not applicable however, for that I have to go to FTC and BBB.  Equifax is on the top of my poopoo list and is going down.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are having the exact problem with Afni. They actually responded to my second DV with a letter stating they "cannot verify this account" but it's still on all three CRAs. I have just prepped an ITS letter to them regarding all their violations, and maybe I'll do one to Experian too. I faxed all three CRAs with all the info and Experian basically said, "already verified, screw you."

I have also filed complaints with Consumer Affairs, FTC, BBB, and my AG.

UGH

Good luck and keep us posted please.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.