Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI is ignoring me!

tag
Oyiwaa
Regular Contributor

Re: AFNI is ignoring me!

Try paying in full or settle it, and then GW.  I settled for less, and got it deleted with GW within a week.  Don't go the BBB route unless you are certain something is invalid about the debt - that may only harden their resolve to NOT delete, even if it is paid.

all the best - Oyiwaa

Message 21 of 22
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Re: AFNI is ignoring me!

Emailed the main address yesterday and received the generic email back today saying they don't trade deletions for credit.  I guess what that means is they don't make the trade but will delete if asked nicely after payment is made.  Smiley Wink

Actually I'm glad they didn't take the deal so that I can try to settle with them and then GW it.  Did you offer your own settlement or get one of their letters with a settlement offer?

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.