Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI won't budge

tag
xthatgamerguyx
Regular Contributor

Re: AFNI won't budge

Thank you for this thread.

Would you care to PM me the info as well please?

Thanks in advance!

February 2012: 480 across the board (before I found this site and started working on my scores)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Scores: TU FAKO: 543 (06/16/2012) EX FAKO: 547 (06/16/2012) EQ FAKO: 528 (06/16/2012)
Current Scores:TU FICO: 639 (11/20/2012) EQ FICO: 617 (11/20/2012)
TU FAKO: 606 (8/30/2012) EX FAKO: 574 (09/04/2012) EQ FAKO: 564 (09/30/2012)
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi I thought I could ask some honest advice please, so I been attacking my credit hard, already got 5 or 6 negative items removed. some were easy others were a little bit harder. well anyways I have a charge from at&t with anfi anderson financial for $194 date of 1st delinquency is 11/07 so almost 5 years old (guess im wondering if i should try & wake a sleeping giant or not lol). do I try to get them to now validate this debt or try for a pfd & should I try to do now or wait till next month when it is officialy a 5 year old debt. ps. I live in IL. 

Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

So i have sent afni a DV & they validated last month, then tryed going to (pfd) settlement got the we don't offer payment for deletion blah, blah, blah, but they offered to settle @ lower amount but just said it would be listed as paid but not deleted. I disputed this with cra's, got Transunion & equifax to delete by some strange luck but experian keeps on verifing account. this account is for $194 & just made sol for IL last month so they can't sue me for it. I just don't see why they won't wanna get some money out of me in exchange for deletion? my back is against the wall & I feel that I have used up all my ace's on this one. What is my next plan of attack? this account was reported to experian may of this year so its new & very damaging on credit report. Do i write them a very nice GW letter & try to make it personal stating I need this off my credit report cause I need to buy a house in 2013 for my wife & 4 kids, blah, blah, blah, lol. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I don't know what else to do here? thanks ron.   Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 25
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Why not try and kill them with kindness?  Tell them how you really, really want to pay them, and how you you need the removal.  Put some sugar on it, it's the holdays so throw them some holiday cheer.  Who knows?  Could work.  I believe in Christmas miracles, don't you?

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

yea i guess i can try that, what else do i have to lose? or I seen some other options while on this forum like saying that I didn't receive proper notifction before this was placed on my credit reports? Or try to get ahold of someone in corp office, lady named alicia, I do believe.  Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.