cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMCA says they will Delete once paid but wont put it in writing.

tag
down_n_out
Contributor

AMCA says they will Delete once paid but wont put it in writing.

They also refuse to give out President/CEO name and address. I can't find jack about the owners or CEO anywhere online. Need some advice on next step to take in this situation,  The original Bill is from Lab Corp.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: AMCA says they will Delete once paid but wont put it in writing.

If they say they will you may just need to trust them.

Many will not put it in writing because they have an agreement with the CRAs not to delete based on payment alone.  They don't have to tell the CRA why they are deleting but just do it.

A verbal agreement is just as binding but can be harder to prove.  Get at least a name.

Message 2 of 13
down_n_out
Contributor

They would only give First names, and refused anything other information.

Message 3 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Well that does sound a bit shady.  However, if I worked in the collection business I probably wouldn't eitherSmiley LOL

Message 4 of 13
down_n_out
Contributor

You would think if they would  give a verbal agreement they could and should give their full name. I was recording the call and advised them I was. I wish someone who had success with AMCA would post it on here.

Message 5 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Have you ever googled them to find out anything about them?

Use the search function above and see what you find on the forums.

Message 6 of 13
down_n_out
Contributor

Oh yes tons. Cant find anything.
Message 7 of 13
down_n_out
Contributor

Bump. Anyone with sucess with AMCA, please post it up. 

Message 8 of 13
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Out of the four PFDs that I've done so far, only two have put it in writing. The other two I just clarified as much as possible on the phone. "So if I pay X amount, you will remove all entries from Equifax, Experian, and Trans Union, and I will not see your company's name anywhere on my credit report?" However, I also got their name, first and last. This seems to be an area where different companies do business in very different ways.

Message 9 of 13
down_n_out
Contributor

Good to now, I actually have had 3 that will put in in writing so far. It ticks me off to know end that I feel like they are gonna scam me, I did record both conversations with the supposed "floor manager" Sasha? BUt i don't what good that does she said it could take up to 30 days to have it removed. Her exact words words "once you pay we have no reason to keep reporting it and we will send a request to the credit bureaus electronically to have it updated and removed"  I did make her repeat and clarify that statement. 

On the first conversation she stated someting odd she said we were collecting on this and stopped and pulled it from the credit reports. I said to her well it still shows on Trans Union and she said it should not but if it is we will delete it after you pay. So from that I take it they had stopped collection efforts and reporting till I called. Stupid me for probably reopening the issue and restarting collection activity. Which also worries me.....

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.