Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Blacklist.... possible solution?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Blacklist.... possible solution?

I BK'd out about $30K on my AMEX in 2009...  so, obviously I'm ceritfied member of the infamous Blacklist.  I had a friend try and put me on as an Authorized User on his AMEX in July and even that got kicked back.  

So I started my rebuilding process in June of this year, getting negative items removed, etc.  I got approved for a Cap1 card in Oct.  In January, just out of morbid curiosity, I decided to apply for the More Rewards AMEX through Navy Federal Credit Union.  To my surprise, I was approved...  I am aware that it is underwritten by NFCU, but since it runs on the AMEX network, is that a possible way back into their good graces?  

Does anyone have any actual experince trying this?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: AMEX Blacklist.... possible solution?

@Anonymous wrote:

I BK'd out about $30K on my AMEX in 2009...  so, obviously I'm ceritfied member of the infamous Blacklist.  I had a friend try and put me on as an Authorized User on his AMEX in July and even that got kicked back.  

So I started my rebuilding process in June of this year, getting negative items removed, etc.  I got approved for a Cap1 card in Oct.  In January, just out of morbid curiosity, I decided to apply for the More Rewards AMEX through Navy Federal Credit Union.  To my surprise, I was approved...  I am aware that it is underwritten by NFCU, but since it runs on the AMEX network, is that a possible way back into their good graces?  

No that's a cobranded card and won't help with Amex. 

Amex at the minimum is at least 10 years sometimes longer. It took me 13 years to get off their BL and I have the minimum on my SL.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Blacklist.... possible solution?

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No that's a cobranded card and won't help with Amex. 

Amex at the minimum is at least 10 years sometimes longer. It took me 13 years to get off their BL and I have the minimum on my SL.

Yeah, I kinda figured that might be the case...   wishful thinking on my part, perhaps.  How often did you apply before getting approved?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.