cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX GOLD C/O was paid with PIF; but new AMEX GOLD has same Tradeline as C/O AMEX;

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX GOLD C/O was paid with PIF; but new AMEX GOLD has same Tradeline as C/O AMEX;

Hello all I am back!

As explained in prior threads I PIFed an AMEX GOLD that was closed. AMEX offered new GOLD with different acccount number (last 5 digits were different) with a 2K limit. All is great!

PIFed account showed up as $0 Balance and Comments indicated "Paid in Full. Charged off".

When new AMEX GOLD first statement shows up on CR's it has the same Tradeline as the old account, with a balance over $500. The balance amount was accurate, however, the status of the account was "Charged off" and it indicated that I was 30/60/90 days late in the past. Also, it does not show up as a negative closed account anymore, however, it shows up as an open account.

I want to dispute it however, my concern is that AMEX will correct the tradeline to reflect the charged off account. Then add a new tradeline for the new account. My other thought is to dispute the account status and the late payment status only.

Should I come clean and get them to do it the right way, or take advantage of a chance to disappear a charge off.

What does the group think?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX GOLD C/O was paid with PIF; but new AMEX GOLD has same Tradeline as C/O AMEX;

Dispute the status of the account and see what happens. I personally would want the right information reporting on different trade lines because worst thing that could happen to you is a couple of years from now they split out the accounts and then the charge off account becomes separate with a recent report date. That could tank your scores when you least expect it. 

Message 2 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: AMEX GOLD C/O was paid with PIF; but new AMEX GOLD has same Tradeline as C/O AMEX;

Look carefully at the whatever account numbers that are listed on your reports and see if they match on both accounts. They shouldn't as you posted you have new last digits. This may explain why it seems they are combined on your new account from the old. If so. I'd call them and tell them.

Message 3 of 4
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all I am back!

As explained in prior threads I PIFed an AMEX GOLD that was closed. AMEX offered new GOLD with different acccount number (last 5 digits were different) with a 2K limit. All is great!

PIFed account showed up as $0 Balance and Comments indicated "Paid in Full. Charged off".

When new AMEX GOLD first statement shows up on CR's it has the same Tradeline as the old account, with a balance over $500. The balance amount was accurate, however, the status of the account was "Charged off" and it indicated that I was 30/60/90 days late in the past. Also, it does not show up as a negative closed account anymore, however, it shows up as an open account.

I want to dispute it however, my concern is that AMEX will correct the tradeline to reflect the charged off account. Then add a new tradeline for the new account. My other thought is to dispute the account status and the late payment status only.

Should I come clean and get them to do it the right way, or take advantage of a chance to disappear a charge off.

What does the group think?

Call the Amex Credit Bureau department. 

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.