Re: AMEX GOLD Reinstated and trying a USAA PFD

Yes, USAA is reporting as a C/O.

Message 11 of 17
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, USAA is reporting as a C/O.

Chances are they are updating monthly. So it would be in your best interest to pay or settle the account. When it updates and zeros out the balance, you should receive a score bump.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent a goodwill letter to USAA and did a PIF with my debit card. I did not have time to wait for the response from the letter. I needed to clear up for clearance purposes.
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got the GOLD Card!!! It is the metal one. It is sweet. Feels good to be back in the club even with a low limit. In 12 months and 12 on time payments with low utilization I may request an upgrade to Platinum if I can push my score to 750.

My hope is I can get a bump with the AMEX when it reports with the lower overall utilization and the bump with the USAA PIF. I think I should be able to crack 700 on TU and EX.

Currently EQ661, TU681, EX683

Focus is to pay off car note in March and use that money plus some extra salary to build emergency fund and start Max pay to 401k.
Message 14 of 17
sjt
Senior Contributor

Congrats. You should receive a bump on the USAA updates.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on getting your Gold card reinstated! I’m going through reinstatement process now for my Platinum. After you PIF and now have the Gold card with a different account number..how is it reporting on your credit reports? Two different tradelines?
Message 16 of 17
josie
Regular Contributor

Congratulations. Can you DM me the phone number Amex.

Thanks in advance
Started over because life happens.
I did it again even better this time. My highest score last time was 680

Starting Score: 513 Ex 520 Eq 534 Tu
Current Score: 689 Ex 684 Eq 698 Tu
Goal Score: 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.