Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX authorized user

tag
Chicago1227
Established Member

AMEX authorized user

I have heard conflciting things - when I am added as an authorized user, does AMEX report me based off the date of addition or the date the account was created?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX authorized user

Greetings, Welcome to My Fico. Smiley Happy

Date the account was opened.. This is the reason people are commonly added as an AU, to help with AAOA.

Cheers

Message 2 of 8
Chicago1227
Established Member

Awesome - and does it usually report after the month's statement closes?

Message 3 of 8
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Chicago1227 wrote:

Awesome - and does it usually report after the month's statement closes?

It does but being added as an AU could take a little longer than the next statement closing.. Not saying it will just that it's possible depending on the amount of time from the AU addition to the statement closing.

CHEERS

Message 4 of 8
Chicago1227
Established Member

Statement closes on the 28th - I was added around the 7th, confirmation letter received a few days after that ... so added about one week into the period?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was added as an AU to my sisters AMEX and it reported as a brand new account from the time she added me I got none of her previous history.
Message 6 of 8
Chicago1227
Established Member

Did you still see a jump in score?

Message 7 of 8
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Amex will report your account to the CRA's as when you opened it. You will get none of the previous history. It is one of the few if not the only one to do it this way. With most credt cards you would get the entire history of the card, not so with AMEX unfortunately.

Will you see a score increase? Maybe. You will see your AAOA go down, but so will your utilization. Might be a wash.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.