Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX denied GW request...need advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX denied GW request...need advice

I had an AMEX Zync, which, I honestly thought was a regular credit card. Turns out it was a charge card. I got it in 8/2011 but only used it in Nov. The bill was for $1400, and I made regular monthly payments of 200 in nov and dec, thinking it was enough to cover the minimum payment. However, since it was a charge card, the entire balance apparently was due as of dec. By the time I discovered it, the account was already suspended and forwarded to collections( Nationwide Credit). I made payment arrangements with them in January to pay off the entire bill by May, but I got to pay off the entire balance in March. Now we're trying to purchase our first home and this is one of the serious derogatory factors in my credit score. That is why I wrote a GW to Amex explaining what happened and they responded within the week. But to my dismay, it says..."this unsatisfactory status will remain on your credit report." A certain Mod Cut signed off on their response. My question is, should I write again, as if I'm writing a GW for the firsttime and hope that a different person gets it? Or should I reply to Mod Cut and continue "begging" for their goodwill and consideration? Any additional advice on what I can put in the next letter to make it work this time around? Thanks in advance!

Please don't post personal information - MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.