Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMG Mediation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMG Mediation

I've been rebuilding for about 4 months now and making good progress. 

Today I recieved a phone call from what appeared to be a local number. Answered it and was greeted with an automated voice, asking for me. I pressed 9 to speak with a live person. When I did, the call was disconnected about 10 seconds into the convo with a nice lady. I called the number back and was transferred to a guy who claimed to be from AMG Mediation. He claimed that I had an old bill from AT&T and that the company claimed I was attempting to defraud the company. 

I remember having service from AT&T in 2002 and the bill was roughly $100. He claimed I owed $6000. 

I started thinking that this is some sleazy debt collector doing what they could in order to collect on an old bill. The SOL here in my state is 6 years. I told him about the SOL and that he is *bleep* out of luck. 

Was I right in assuming that they were trying to make money on a very old debt? Opinions? 

I looked up AMG Mediation and their website doesn't really say anything about debt collecting at all. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMG Mediation

I actually decided to call an attorney friend and told him the whole scenario. He told me that it was most likely a scam and they were trying to collect money on an expired debt. 

Just wanted to throw that out there.

Message 2 of 3
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: AMG Mediation

@Anonymous wrote:

I actually decided to call an attorney friend and told him the whole scenario. He told me that it was most likely a scam and they were trying to collect money on an expired debt. 

Just wanted to throw that out there.

Yeah, that's what it sounds like! Kudos to you for knowing your rights and recognizing it as the scan it was. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.