cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANOTHER SUCCESS STORY! TODAY IS THE BEST DAY EVER!

tag
Jane_O
New Contributor

ANOTHER SUCCESS STORY! TODAY IS THE BEST DAY EVER!

So, this morning I posted about getting all my lates removed....I have officially gotten them all removed.

So, i decided to try my luck with calling National Recovery to negotiate a PFD over the phone. I had already sent them a PFD letter earlier this week, but felt lucky today to call. So, with 2 phones in hand (one to speak on and the other, my iphone, to record the phone call I was having with the rep), I called them and started pretty much pleading my case.

The gentleman I spoke with was very nice for a change. I explained to him that i would like to pay the amount they are claiming I owe even though i'm not admitting or disputing the debt, i want to satisfy it because i am purchasing a home. He said that this is the best thing i can do for myself and that once the funds are cleared, they will send a written request to all 3 CB to have it removed from my reports. I would also have to send them a stamped envelope, self addressed so that they can mail me the paid in full letter stating that they will send the request to the CB's. I couldn't believe it! I swear I was tempted to tell him that I would pay more than I owed just because this was so easy! lol

So, hopefully that would be off completely very soon! How long to you guys think it will take?????

I'm elated!

Please let me know if anyone needs the name of the man I spoke with. We were even joking around...lol

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Re: ANOTHER SUCCESS STORY! TODAY IS THE BEST DAY EVER!

Congrats!

FICO Scores 800+
Message 2 of 6
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Good work, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 6
icloud2525
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!  I had a similar experience Monday.  Dealt with a nice CA.  First time ever talking to one, and from what I heard it's the exception.  He even typed up the PFD letter, put it in a pdf and emailed it to me while I was on hold.  

Chase Sapphire Reserve $32.5K, Amex BCP $20K, Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Hilton Surpass $13,500, Amex Hilton $16,200, Discover it $16,000, Citi TYP $18,900, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $12,000, Virgin Atlantic World Elite MC $13,100, Merrill+ Visa Sig $10,000, Fidelity Visa Sig $14,000, Barclay Cash Forward $16,500, Wells Fargo Rewards $12,500, Local CU $7000, Barclay Apple Rewards $5500, Chase Freedom $5000,-- EQ FICO 768, EX FICO 777, TU FICO 781
Message 4 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Awesome!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 6
remethy
New Contributor

I did the same thing with Nat'l Recovery last month - they promised PFD over the phone and it was deleted within a couple of weeks.  Smiley Happy  Sounds funny to say a CA was a pleasure to work with, but they actually were!

Starting Score: EQ 539
Current Score: EQ 648, TU 617, EXP 623
Goal Score: 700 by 2/2014

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.