Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASAP HELP PLZ I HAVE TO FIX ASAP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ASAP HELP PLZ I HAVE TO FIX ASAP

I was young and dumb 2004..

I have a CHARGE-OFF on my credit report trade line..

Its for a computer tha cost $1799

The OC said if I pay $800 that would mark it on my credit as PAID IN FULL..

If I pay the whole$1799 they will completly remove..

Problem is computer only worth $150 today.

I want to rebuild my credit and the credit union will give me a loan with a co-signer ''if they're credits good'' if i show a receipt that I paid the computer half balance which would read PAID IN FULL on my credit report.

PLZ --What would yall do??? What to do????

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ASAP HELP PLZ I HAVE TO FIX ASAP

did they tell you this over the phone or in writing.  dont do anything without getting it in writing. As far as how much it is worth today most anything anyone buys anymore is worth what they paid for it in the begining. Yea it sucks but thats how it is. If it were me I would suck it up and pay. If they arent willing to budge at all and just pay to delete. I would rather have it gone than have to look at it on my credit report. But thats just me.

Message 2 of 4
IOBA
Senior Contributor

I agree -- 

1) pay it off in full for a delete - it doesn't matter what it is worth today.  When you bought it, you thought it was worth paying the asking price for.

2) deletion is better than paid in full for your credit score and future credit relationships.

Get the paid for delete in writing.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed pay in full and have them delete. Be glad they are'nt trying to add hundreds in bs charges.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.