Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATT collections with ERC

tag
Longdistancerunner

ATT collections with ERC

Good evening,

I received a collections letter from ERC about an unpaid att bill that fell through the cracks when I moved 2 years ago. 

I see that they have not reported to credit bureaus yet. 

Totals is $271.62 but they offer several settlement options.

I'd rather pay the whole thing and get this over with before it goes out to my report.

What is a popular course of action that you may suggest?

*Call the CA and make them a counter offer such as offering to pay the whole thing in full and in return they keep this whole thing not reported to nay bureaus.

or try to pay to ATT?

Thank you for your input in advance.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: ATT collections with ERC

If they are not on your report. Call AT&T and ask them to recall the debt in lieu of payment since they still own the debt. Good Luck!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^ agreed completely. Do it fast though so that if AT&T says no, you have time to contact ERC with the pay for no reporting request. And since they aren't yet reporting, I wouldn't even mess with trying to get a lower amount. Tell them you'll happily PIF right now on the phone if they don't report. Give them incentive to work with you, rather than incentive to think you're a pain and go ahead and report.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

^^^ agreed completely. Do it fast though so that if AT&T says no, you have time to contact ERC with the pay for no reporting request. And since they aren't yet reporting, I wouldn't even mess with trying to get a lower amount. Tell them you'll happily PIF right now on the phone if they don't report. Give them incentive to work with you, rather than incentive to think you're a pain and go ahead and report.

Whatever you agree to with ERC or AT&T, get it in writing first. You would be surprised how short  a company's memory is once they have been paid and nothing is in writing and all agreements are verbal.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.