Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU accounts are pointless

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AU accounts are pointless

As of April first my au accounts are not bring factored onto my score. I took a tremendous score hit, my fico scores do not factor it into my account age or utilization it appears. I'm not complaining about it, I was getting ready to remove them anyway. .... just curious if anyone else has noticed this or knows how or why this happened.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

Re: AU accounts are pointless

Only on Equifax.  And they haven't been reporting AU accounts (at least for me and my family) for about 6 months now.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian has consistantly raised my score due to possitive activity on a card im a AU on. 

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends on the credit bureau ... 

It's helped me with EQ and EX, particularly with the AAoA ... but on TU it doesn't even show up

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's odd, all the accounts I'm an AU on are factoring in on all my reports. Maybe because all the accounts are my hubby's and vice versa
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
That's odd, all the accounts I'm an AU on are factoring in on all my reports. Maybe because all the accounts are my hubby's and vice versa

That'd be my guess. I was an AU on an ex's accounts. Helps on two, doesn't factor on TU

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only have 1 reporting now and waiting on another to report, but of the 1 that is reporting EX doesn't show it but TU and EQ are including it in my utilization.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is one reason I try to discourage the use of AU accounts - too much inconsistency.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well as you know Norman I did it just so I could establish lines of unsecured credit at a time when I had no score. I see no other reason to do it except that. It's weird on cct, it shows my utilization including the AU account, but in my harmful credit factors it tells me my UTI as if I don't have the AU account. This is only on EX. I have no idea what's happening on EQ or TU. as of 15 days ago I believe they were including the AU account bc they were significantly higher with all the same data reported.
Message 9 of 14
cmony787
Regular Contributor

If a CB does pickup the AU account...would you get the benefit of their open date for aging purposes or would it show as though you just opened?
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.