Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU or Primary??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AU or Primary??

First off hello FICO Family ok here's my dilemma I currently have a 640 FICO 8 score I just recently paid jefferson capital( Old verizon bill) off as a ''pay for deletion'' in the amount of 180.00$ on 7/31/2020 just waiting on it to be removed from Transunion,equifax and experian i have 9 Hard Inquires from march 2020 this year they are all auto loan inquires when i was trying to get a vehicle I ended up buying a car cash, I have a citi secured CC 200$ Limit, and a Cap 1 quiksilver 500$ limit and a self INC credit builder loan and my nelnet student loan which is in great standing, on my experian membership thats a total of 4 open accounts, research says 5 open accounts is a good profile build out not sure, Ok there are 4 months left in 2020 my Goal is a 700 plus credit score, my MAIN issue now is  should I get an AU or get another CC(Primary Tradeline) to boost my score? the only CC's I can get now with my 640 score pre-qual's are credit one CC's, OR should I get a BOA, Wells Fargo secured card because those are LONG TERM relationship builder cards that will later graduate VS the credit one CC's also I have a friend that has a Discover CC age is from 2011 with a 21k$ Limit on it never missed a payment but His fee is 300$ a month for me to be an AU on it so as you see I have a lot of options But I just dont know which one will help me build my profile out and get my score pass the 700 plus credit score and qualify me for the AMEX entry level everyday card or any good credit card with a 2k$ plus limit and then you have the Infamous My jewelers club I heard it boosts your score too?? I'm really trying to make the best decision any suggestions,feedback, would really be appreciated thanks FICO family 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AU or Primary??

If the PFD collection is the only bad thing on your report, you shouldn't have any issues getting to 700+. Also in this case if it's the only thing, then you should wait for the PFD and just go for unsecured cards. 

WF doesn't offer a secured card

Do not pay your friend to be an AU. Tell him to go bleeeeep off

Check out the list of pre-approvals here *when* you get the PFD finished: 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/List-of-Soft-pull-PREAPPROVAL-Links-Updated-8... 

The ones I'd recommend in the list are Chase, Amex, HSBC, BBVA, US Alliance, BBT, and Discover. I wouldn't go for any others there. 

Message 2 of 4
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Well you seem to doing good so far! 👍

1. Do yo have other baddies👈

2. Can you wait until the CB update your reports

3. IMHO do not pay a fee and stick with primaries

* so maybe don't bother with the credit one at this point.

You already said you know which cards you want and what score you want so trust in yourself...

Wait for the baddie to be remove and read as other chime in but be ready to answer those questions and maybe a few more about the age of each of your accounts.  👌

Editted... p.s as an additional opt-in for a long term relationship you may want to have a card that you can build history with a CU.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

First off hello FICO Family ok here's my dilemma I currently have a 640 FICO 8 score I just recently paid jefferson capital( Old verizon bill) off as a ''pay for deletion'' in the amount of 180.00$ on 7/31/2020 just waiting on it to be removed from Transunion,equifax and experian i have 9 Hard Inquires from march 2020 this year they are all auto loan inquires when i was trying to get a vehicle I ended up buying a car cash, I have a citi secured CC 200$ Limit, and a Cap 1 quiksilver 500$ limit and a self INC credit builder loan and my nelnet student loan which is in great standing, on my experian membership thats a total of 4 open accounts, research says 5 open accounts is a good profile build out not sure, Ok there are 4 months left in 2020 my Goal is a 700 plus credit score, my MAIN issue now is  should I get an AU or get another CC(Primary Tradeline) to boost my score? the only CC's I can get now with my 640 score pre-qual's are credit one CC's, OR should I get a BOA, Wells Fargo secured card because those are LONG TERM relationship builder cards that will later graduate VS the credit one CC's also I have a friend that has a Discover CC age is from 2011 with a 21k$ Limit on it never missed a payment but His fee is 300$ a month for me to be an AU on it so as you see I have a lot of options But I just dont know which one will help me build my profile out and get my score pass the 700 plus credit score and qualify me for the AMEX entry level everyday card or any good credit card with a 2k$ plus limit and then you have the Infamous My jewelers club I heard it boosts your score too?? I'm really trying to make the best decision any suggestions,feedback, would really be appreciated thanks FICO family 

Do *not* pay $300/mo to be an AU.

If you basically dont share all the same info (addresses, etc), there is a good chance the 3Bs anti-abuse algorithm will discard it from scoring anyway.

If the CA was your only bad mark on your credit, I would 100% wait until it comes off your reports. Just be patient and wait the 30-60d (could be sooner or later) for the update amd then you could probably try for a CC you really want.

Also, steer clear of jewelers club. They charge you a big fee amd you are stick buying their stuff. People use it for util padding, and that is the only score boost is if you are reducing overall util, but remember there is still individual util. So not really worth it. 

Again, I would just sit back and wait for the score boost if that is your only baddie waiting to drop.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.