Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aaoa and closed accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aaoa and closed accounts

Sorry if this is in the wrong section; please feel free to move.

My question is how is your AAOA affected by closed accounts? Such as a secured card that is now closed? When that card hits a year mark does it have a positive affect on your FICO just like how an open card ages to one year? Or is there no points gained since it is closed?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Aaoa and closed accounts

@Anonymous wrote:

My question is how is your AAOA affected by closed accounts? Such as a secured card that is now closed? When that card hits a year mark does it have a positive affect on your FICO just like how an open card ages to one year? Or is there no points gained since it is closed?

It will continue to contribute to your AAoA until it is removed by the CRA's ten years after it was closed.

Age of current credit (or oldest open account) is a different animal entirely.

Message 2 of 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Aaoa and closed accounts

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It will continue to contribute to your AAoA until it is removed by the CRA's ten years after it was closed.

Age of current credit (or oldest open account) is a different animal entirely.

+1

As long as there isn't a balance on the card there shouldn't be a change in how it effects the AAoA.  IT will have the same effect now as it did when it was opened.  That is, until it falls off in 10 years.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.