cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aargon Agency on credit report but calling needs an account number?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Aargon Agency on credit report but calling needs an account number?

So I just got off the phone with them and she had a lot of information. Amounts, my insurance and what my insurance paid, even the address I was picked up from by the ambulance. I told her that I don’t recognize the debts and she said she’s going to request records and then give me a call and I’ll be able to view them online. If they manage to get my records, they’re in violation of HIPAA at that point and what do I do, tell them to remove the debt or I’ll report them for HIPAA violations?

I feel bad because she was actually very nice but I’m not paying these bills when Medicaid should have plus the hospital never sent me a bill, they sent it right to collections and then on top of that instead of offering a settlement amount on the letter I received, they started charging interest from the day I called so one of the bills has already inflated another $25!

There is part of me willing to settle for a PFD to avoid the damage of the second debt going on my credit but I don’t want to pay the full amount and definitely won’t pay interest.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to handle collection Medicaid should have paid?

So I have had a $65 collection from Aargon on my report for quite awhile now and before that I had a $400 collection that they removed. I reached out to them and they sent me a dunning letter for the $400 one and I got them on the phone and disputed either charge as being mine. 

Going through my records though, the date of the hospitalization I was covered by Medicaid. I pulled the approval letter from 11/2014 when they recertified me to continue to have Medicare copays and deductibles paid and I pulled the termination letter they sent me 5/2015. The hospitalization was 1/2015 and the bills are the ambulance copay and the ER copay. 

The problem is... Medicaid won’t pay something so old. What exactly should I do now? The hospital never billed it to Medicaid and they never sent me a bill either, they sent it straight to collections. 

I don’t really know how to proceed from here. I was willing to settle but now I am absolutely not willing to pay a cent and the OCs won’t help me either. 

Message 12 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to handle collection Medicaid should have paid?

@Anonymous wrote:

So I have had a $65 collection from Aargon on my report for quite awhile now and before that I had a $400 collection that they removed. I reached out to them and they sent me a dunning letter for the $400 one and I got them on the phone and disputed either charge as being mine. 

Going through my records though, the date of the hospitalization I was covered by Medicaid. I pulled the approval letter from 11/2014 when they recertified me to continue to have Medicare copays and deductibles paid and I pulled the termination letter they sent me 5/2015. The hospitalization was 1/2015 and the bills are the ambulance copay and the ER copay. 

The problem is... Medicaid won’t pay something so old. What exactly should I do now? The hospital never billed it to Medicaid and they never sent me a bill either, they sent it straight to collections. 

I don’t really know how to proceed from here. I was willing to settle but now I am absolutely not willing to pay a cent and the OCs won’t help me either. 

If you believe it is their error then you either need to get it resolved at the CEO of the OC level or sue them and get it before a judge.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you believe it is their error then you either need to get it resolved at the CEO of the OC level or sue them and get it before a judge.

I called the hospital and they said that if Medicaid gives them a letter of eligibility showing I had Medicaid at the time they’ll wipe it out but the ambulance is trying to claim that someone needs to pay it to get it taken care of. Of course the $400 is the ambulance...

I think im gonna have Medicaid send me the letter of eligibility and then dispute it with the bureaus and send them the letter of eligibility that way I don’t have to risk admitting it’s my debt to Aargon. I mean how else do I tell them I had Medicaid if I’m not admitting it’s mine?

They already know I don’t have the financial means to sue them because before I had Medicaid I had indigent care so I have to find other ways to deal with this. I think the most effective way is to just send my proof to the bureaus. 

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: I called Medicaid and basically they have no record of me having benefits and since I currently have medical benefits in a new case number, I decided it wasn’t worth the hassle. 

I called Aargon and PIF. They would not waive any interest charges racked up but they have already issued me a deletion letter for both collections. 

The rep was very courteous and understanding of the situation but he could not offer me a settlement amount since this is still in the SOL. Whatever. It’s paid, it’s being deleted, and I snuck in the transaction on the PayPal Business Debit, not only saving myself the 2% credit card fee but gaining 2% cash back from my PayPal Cashback card. 

$493 though. :/

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.