Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accept a settlement offer ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Accept a settlement offer ?

I have a Credit One Credit card charged off that Alltran Financial is collecting on. It is on my credit report as a charge off with LVNV Funding as the owner. The balance is $2580.00 and Alltean just offered me a $1012.00 settlement. I asked about pay for delete and he advised Alltran will communicate the debt was settled for less and thats how Resurgent (lets throw another name in there) and will not delete. When I hesitated he told me not to be afraid to counter. So...suggestions on what to offer and will it be impossible to get this removed ? Thank you.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Accept a settlement offer ?

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a Credit One Credit card charged off that Alltran Financial is collecting on. It is on my credit report as a charge off with LVNV Funding as the owner. The balance is $2580.00 and Alltean just offered me a $1012.00 settlement. I asked about pay for delete and he advised Alltran will communicate the debt was settled for less and thats how Resurgent (lets throw another name in there) and will not delete. When I hesitated he told me not to be afraid to counter. So...suggestions on what to offer and will it be impossible to get this removed ? Thank you.

What is the DoFD, when will it age off of your credit report?

Message 2 of 13
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Are you still within the statue of limitations for your state? 

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes.. 6 years here. Was charged off in January 2018.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just went to a charge off in January 2018. 6 years here for me.
Message 5 of 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Anything that says "paid" and whatever it says after that is better than owed. Then the clock starts to fall off. Then they'll leave you alone. Then try for GW letters for deletion. Even though they said no for now.

Message 6 of 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What is the SaFD, when will it age off of your credit report?

What does SaFD mean?

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What is the SaFD, when will it age off of your credit report?

What does SaFD mean?

Sorry, fat fingers typing to fast on a tiny keypad on a phone are not a good combo, I meant Date of First Delinquency

Message 8 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Are you SURE that the original credit no longer owns the debt?

Is the OC reporting, and if so, do they still report a balance?

Debt collectors can report a collection if they have collection authority, either due to assignment of authority from the current owner, or by purchase of the debt.

If the OC still owns the debt, you might have the option of contacting them and offering to pay them on condition that they first terminate their assignment of collection authority.  That would, per CRA reporting policy, require the debt collector to delete their reported collection.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe it is sold. The OC is reporting a zero balance and it says sold to LVNV
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.