Did you mean: 

Acceptable PFD letter?

tag
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

Acceptable PFD letter?

Is this a good PFD letter?

To Whom It May Concern:

I am willing to pay the account xxxxxx in full, in the amount of xxxx for deletion from all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion). The payment is not an acknowledgment of liability for this debt in any form, the sole purpose is to have the collection removed from my credit report.

If you agree to the request,  please email me for verification of acceptance and phone number to call in payment . You consideration is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Acceptable PFD letter?

Short sweet and to the point, looks good to me, the less info and run on the better IMHO.
Message 2 of 5
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

Thank you. I will be sending them out tomorrow. Hopefully they give me a response the same day.
Message 3 of 5
silver_idle
Established Contributor

While its not required, I would always try to get things in writing, but if they do send an email agreeing thats more than enough, but a phone call can be difficult unless your state laws allow you to record the convo on the phone. 

Good luck though!

Message 4 of 5
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

I sent out an email to Sarma with PFD and called Merchant & Professional Collection Bureau, there was no acct number and had nothing to reference to. I asked if they would delete if I paid and they said sure, I did get the persons first and last name just in case. The representative said they would be sending out the letter tomorrow with the confirmation and I should get it in a couple of days. The only bad I will have on my credit report will be a repo settlement unfortunately I have another year until it comes off.  I don't think Santander would be nice enough to delete it for me.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.