Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acceptance Now Charge Off

tag
jimmy_b30
Established Member

Acceptance Now Charge Off

Hello everyone,

Question:  Has anyone had this company removed, disputed, updated, etc. in the past?

Background: Having some trouble with removing Acceptance Now.  I have tried the standard dispute sequence with a unique dispute letter in 2014 but the TL came back as verified.  My total purchase was no where near the 4K they are reporting charged off.  I think they inflated the balance for a better company write off on the books.  Think when it was charged off I owe $1100.00. 

So...I am going to reread the forums starting today.  It should take me around 3 days to read all the posts but i think it is worth it.  The dispute process for the CBs to verify seems somewhat lacking when letters are broken down to just a code and sent to the processing center.  

Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 7.49.12 AM.png

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jimmy_b30
Established Member

Re: Acceptance Now Charge Off

bump

Message 2 of 5
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

They're allowed to continue charging interest on the account. Are you wanting to pay it off? They may agree to a settlement. Worse case, it's falling off in a year.

Even if the balance is incorrect, that won't make the account be deleted. It'll just be updated with the correct balance.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 3 of 5
jimmy_b30
Established Member

Well darn. Since it is sold old and the company changed names for the third time I am going to try to validate again and ask for the details of the validation. Maybe that will work. I am trying to buy a house in February is the reason for the impatience. But like you said, worst case in comes off next summer. Thank you for the response too.

Message 4 of 5
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Validation from who? DV is for collection agencies not original creditors. It appears the CRA is not going to allow another dispute (based on the comment) unless you provide proof it's incorrect.

You can probably get TU to delete the account in February and Exp to delete around May. Can you wait on the mortgage? Also, is this the only negative account you have?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.