Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acceptance Now removal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Acceptance Now removal

Hello friends! Credit repair is going really well. The answers here have literally changed my life! So I have another question. I have an acceptance now account I want to remove. Here's the caveat, it is not a charge off and was never in collections. I had an account with them previously for grossly overpriced furniture but when your credit sucks (used to suck) and you suck (used to suck) at making financial decisions, this is where you land for handouts. Anyway. I paid my first purchase off with perfect payment history over the course of three years. Then I bought another set of furniture and paid that all the way off with perfect history up until the last, you heard it LAST PAYMENT DUE. Husband lost his job and it was just one of the many things we tried to juggle. So they didn't chargeoff the account because it was so odd based on the history. The regional manager called and we happened to have the money available that week because #NewJob #FirstPaycheck they were really nice and we paid that last payment (it was literally only $184). So then the payment history updated and account closed in current standing. But those late month killed my score. I was in the high 400's in March and now I'm at 663, 657, and 616 FICO 8. I am wondering if anyone has advice on how to get the late payments removed or the tradeline removed completely on the second account with them. I tried calling about 2 months ago but they were like "sorry we dont do that" and that was it. So any ideas I am wide open for advice!

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Acceptance Now removal

All you can do is go for the GW saturation. Or call the main office and beg. Getting tradelines deleted is next to impossible. Plus why would you over 1 late payment. If its just a 30 day. It will lose its ding in 2 yrs. Theres more positive than neg on it. Even if UW's look at it. It was only the last payment that was bad. Good Luck!

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/The-Saturation-Technique-Best-GW-adjustment-... 

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh I was worried about that. I'll try saturation. I should have added, it was the last payment but it took me months to finally pay it. So that's why I think it hurts me so much because 1. It was 120 late, and 2. Because it's so recent if it was just 30 days I would live with it, but I just dont want to with it at 120. Also please don't judge me for the battery charge LOL

22CD657A-9E07-4194-BA02-57A06FFBA938.jpeg

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will lose half of its sting at approximately 2 years. You should get some points at 6 and 12 months also, and by 24 months, about half of the penalty will be removed.

Goodwill is all you’ve got. @FireMedic1 is right, time to beg.
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous I was able to get AcceptanceNow removed from my Transunion and Experian credit report but had to pay the full balance and contact the coporate office. I can ping you the contact info for the manager who was able to assist me. 

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

OH my gosh yes please! I searched for the ceo email for hours and can't find it anywhere. I felt like sending a note on linked in was just too intrusive so I would be absolutely eternally grateful! My balance is already paid off, I just want it gone forever!! Thank you thank you!

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous PM sent! Good luck and pray it all works out!

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much!

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I saw your reply. If you don't mind I really need the contact information as well.  Thank you so much

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

AN sucks so much. Make sure you get the name of who you talk to in the corporate office. They have a credit branch and they can help. 

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.