Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Reaging Confused Please Help

tag
Rese
New Contributor

Account Reaging Confused Please Help

I need some serious help here. I have a collection account the OC was Sprint PCS.  I have hard copy CR dating back to 2005. There have been 4 different CA’s on my report for this account all showing different dates of removal. I have no clue what to do about this. Im in NV I believe this would be considered a written contract so the SOL is 6yrs. Please Help me.

8/05-TU-Omnimum Services- est. removal date 10/2010

8/06-TU-Receivables Performance-est. removal date3/2012

8/06-EQ-West Asset Management-Date of first Delinquency 12/2002

8/06-EX-West Asset Management-est. removal date 3/2009

10/06-TU-West Asset Management-est removal date 11/2009

8/07-TU-Cavalry Potfolio-est. removal date 12/2011

8/08-TU-Cavalry Portfolio-est removal date 12/2011

Im sorry if this is too much info but I really need some direction here. Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Account Reaging Confused Please Help

Do you know when this account went delinquent? Have you tried calling Sprint and asking them?

It should remain for 7-7.5 years from DOFD.

If this was for a cell phone, that falls under Federal SOL of 2 years.

Message 2 of 4
Rese
New Contributor

Yes it was a cell phone. No i haven't called them I will do that tomarrow though. So if the federal SOL is 2 yrs thats what I go by? Do fedral SOL always override state? When I call and get the DOFD should I then send a DV letter to the current CA? Thank you sooo much for all your help!! 
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, Federal SOL is what you go by.

Sprint may or may not have your records in their system any longer. Do you know about when this account went delinquent?

I would DV the CA and I would include "proof of FCRA compliance date" or "date of first delinquency" as one of the requested items I would like them to provide.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 08-10-2008 08:44 PM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.