cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account disputed on experian, didn’t come off trans?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Account disputed on experian, didn’t come off trans?

I have an account that popped up on my experian that was not accurate. I disputed it on experian and it was off within 24 hours. After the experian dispute processed I disputed it on transunion. It's been a week with no anwser so far. Is this typicaly normal? I've had other things dispute off experian but stick on trans union before and I'm hoping this won't be the case.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
donkort
Valued Contributor

Re: Account disputed on experian, didn’t come off trans?

I'm thinking, maybe, you might have to put in the dispute again.  You can do that through Credit Karma.  Or you can call TransUnion directly.

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 2 of 5
thornback
Senior Contributor

They have 30 days to resolve.  You'll have to wait it out to see what the outcome is.  Just because one bureau did a thing doesn't necessarily mean the others will follow suit.  

Don't dispute again til you allow the appropriate time for a resolution to the first.

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 3 of 5
donkort
Valued Contributor

I would wait out the 30 days.

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have an account that popped up on my experian that was not accurate. I disputed it on experian and it was off within 24 hours. After the experian dispute processed I disputed it on transunion. It's been a week with no anwser so far. Is this typicaly normal? I've had other things dispute off experian but stick on trans union before and I'm hoping this won't be the case.

This is an indirect consequence of when you have 3 entities - one completely useless (Equifax) storing and reporting credit data on nearly every adult in this country. That's another topic...  In this case, I would call TU directly.  I have had a few Experian disputes update quickly and some take longer.  Usually, I have higher success rates with calling TU directly. I believe the Fair Credit Reporting Act says the agencies have 30 days.  Afterwards, the items must be deleted.  (paraphrasing the Act here)

Good luck.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.