Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account in collection - but NOT showing on my credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Account in collection - but NOT showing on my credit report

I have several accounts that are past due or in collection (as old as 2 years), but they do not show in my credit report at all... one even shows me as "current and paying as agreed". I am wondering if I should pay these off or just leave them alone? Maybe it is just an oversight or my luck, but if I pay them now, I am worried that they will report the new info to the bureaus as they were late/past due then paid off? Has anyone seen this before?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Account in collection - but NOT showing on my credit report

quiktripper wrote:
I have several accounts that are past due or in collection (as old as 2 years), but they do not show in my credit report at all... one even shows me as "current and paying as agreed". I am wondering if I should pay these off or just leave them alone? Maybe it is just an oversight or my luck, but if I pay them now, I am worried that they will report the new info to the bureaus as they were late/past due then paid off? Has anyone seen this before?

Seems odd that none of your past due accounts are showing up as bad accounts. Sounds as if you may have a split file. You can search in the search box above and find other post about that.

It is quite possible that the accounts may be updated once you pay them. Never heard of this happening before.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Seems odd that none of your past due accounts are showing up as bad accounts. Sounds as if you may have a split file. You can search in the search box above and find other post about that.

It is quite possible that the accounts may be updated once you pay them. Never heard of this happening before.

FYI- I went ahead and paid on one of these old accounts that was NOT in my credit report.. and low and behold, BAM they then add it to my file as a new collection, but paid off. Looks like just as I feared, that collection was just somehow overlooked. Then when I paid on it, they went to update my file and BAM there it is... Needless to say, I will NOT be paying on the other 3 old accounts I have that are NOT on my report.
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

FYI- I went ahead and paid on one of these old accounts that was NOT in my credit report.. and low and behold, BAM they then add it to my file as a new collection, but paid off. Looks like just as I feared, that collection was just somehow overlooked. Then when I paid on it, they went to update my file and BAM there it is... Needless to say, I will NOT be paying on the other 3 old accounts I have that are NOT on my report.

Ouch!!!!!

Try GWing for removal the one you paid. If several tries don't work, then DV if it is a paid CA.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.