Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account previously in dispute – now resolved – reported by subscriber

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Account previously in dispute – now resolved – reported by subscriber

Hello All,

I sent debt validation letters to two medical collections agencies that are on my credit report. One is for AR RESOURCES INC and the othe is FIRST FEDERAL CREDIT COLLECTIONS. I sent them both certified mail and didn't recieve anything back from them. Crickets... I just noticed that ARS Resources has the verbage "Account previously in dispute – now resolved – reported by subscriber". And Federal Credit has the verbage "Account information disputed by consumer". In this case, what do I do now since they never sent anything to me directly?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Account previously in dispute – now resolved – reported by subscriber

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello All,

I sent debt validation letters to two medical collections agencies that are on my credit report. One is for AR RESOURCES INC and the othe is FIRST FEDERAL CREDIT COLLECTIONS. I sent them both certified mail and didn't recieve anything back from them. Crickets... I just noticed that ARS Resources has the verbage "Account previously in dispute – now resolved – reported by subscriber". And Federal Credit has the verbage "Account information disputed by consumer". In this case, what do I do now since they never sent anything to me directly?

Did you make your debt validation request within 30 days of receiving the dunning notice from the collection agencies? 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dragontears Unfortunately no. I never received any collection letters and I was not monitoring my credit report for over a year.

Message 3 of 8
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@dragontears Unfortunately no. I never received any collection letters and I was not monitoring my credit report for over a year.

Ok, the CA are not required to send you anything and are free to ignore all DV from you. 

What exactly are you asking about? How to remove the comments? 

Message 4 of 8
lucknpat
Contributor

@Anonymous Since they're not required to send you anything, your next move is to decide if you want to contact them and settle the debt. Ask them if they'll do PFD. Actually since these are medical collections, read this post on what steps to take.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Medical-Collections-Please-Help/m-p/6493246/highlight/true#M656517

FICO8 - 8/2019
EX 510, TU 538, EQ 497

FICO8 - 11/27/2021
EX 528, TU 584, EQ 558

FICO 8 - 4/4/2022
EX 623, TU 629, EQ 650
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lucknpat The thing is... I really don't even know what they are from?? That's why I sent the debt validation letters so they could send me something. I don't want to call them bc I hate dealing with collections people over the phone

Message 6 of 8
Alucard
New Contributor

I thought all medical collection records are being removed from the CRAs very soon?

Message 7 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

If you know who the Medical place is which you didnt post. Go to them and ask if you payoff the account. Will they recall the debt from the CA's. Go to the source first and try to work this out.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.