Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account went to collection while deployed

tag
docbach
Established Member

Re: Account went to collection while deployed

http://www.dsnews.com/articles/capital-one-to-pay-12m-over-alleged-scra-violations-2012-07-26

seems promising that perhaps my letter will get them to remove the negatives.

Update: requested deltion from the CRA's due to violation of SCRA - LVNV has been deleted from equifax, HSBC is pending!

Message 11 of 18
docbach
Established Member

So I paid all my accounts to 0, sent good will letters to the OC and CA and sent disputes to the CRA's (Experian already deleted the CA's TL, OC's is pending still), my Experian score on this site is 644, Transunion on creditkarma shows 664, Equifax score from myfico however went down 10 points to 572, with this message:

"This score decrease may be caused by these 4 new reasons:

• You have a serious delinquency (60 days past due or greater) or a derogatory description on your credit report.
  • You have multiple accounts showing missed payments or derogatory descriptions.
  • You’ve recently missed a payment or the date of your most recent missed payment is unknown.
  • You have balances on accounts that are past due."

Unsure why it is giving me this message as of right now I have 0 balances on all my revolving credit and everything is current. Could it be that by disputing the old accounts its bringing them back into the fold on Equifax?

Message 12 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

When you dispute OC accounts, certain aspects of the TL are removed from scoring like CL, balance, and payment history.  It could have caused your score to drop.

Message 13 of 18
docbach
Established Member

it was pretty bad, once I started doing missions in Mosul i didnt have any way to pay the bill that wasn't on billpay (the HSBC) and it went delinquent immediatly. I'd hope a TL consisting of 150 day lates and a charge off being taken off would improve my score! the rest of the CRAs reported massive point jumps. I noticed Equifax also didn't update the balances at 0 like the other CRAs, though - hopefully it updates and stuff balances out.

Message 14 of 18
docbach
Established Member

I just recieved a letter from Resurgent Capital in behalf of LNVN saying my debt was settled in full in January 2011 - I paid the bill in November 2009. They did not say if they were removing it from my credit report at all, just that it was paid in full on a date that seemed to be completely random. 

Any course of action recommended with this letter?

Message 15 of 18
docbach
Established Member

LNvN was removed from my reports, however when I sent a letter to dispute the fact that HSBC told me I couldn't have my rate adjusted to reflect my SCRA benefits upon returning home, the CRA's sent me a letter that said "This creditor is currently reporting a zero balance for this account. If you have additional questions please contact: Capital One ect ect"

Message 16 of 18
SSH0126
Established Contributor

I've had lunch but capital one owns HSBC now. They are trying to pull back one of my old accounts with HSBC now.
Message 17 of 18
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Luck
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.