cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounts under $100 not supposed to be listed on credit?

tag
BrownBee
New Contributor

Re: Accounts under $100 not supposed to be listed on credit?

Are you saying you disputed the item with TU and it was removed? I'm pretty sure they didn't just arbitrarily remove the TL from your report. Like I said, I'm looking at an under $100 TL on my own TU report as we type. It is my most recent baddie, and I just successfully PFD'd it today, so it will be a little while before it comes off.

Starting Score: 02/2013 606(TU-myFICO); 647(EQ-CreditExpert); 578(EX-CreditExpert)
Current Score: 02/2013 606(TU-myFICO); 647(EQ-CreditExpert); 578(EX-CreditExpert)
Goal Score: 650 TU, EX, EQ

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 24
gummiebear
New Contributor

Yes they did. I found out about the under $100 rule and I quoted the info I found to them and they removed it. I even printed and highlighed the info to equi and exp but they did not remove. That's why i'm writing ... To find out if anyone knows how to get it off with equi and exp but they don't use the same fico08 model is what our experts are saying. Try it. Look up the info, state your case and see if they remove it. What have u got to lose?
Message 12 of 24
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Keep in mind just cause TU removed the TL doesn't mean the debt goes away. It stays in your file until its paid. 

Message 13 of 24
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@gummiebear wrote:
Yes they did. I found out about the under $100 rule and I quoted the info I found to them and they removed it. I even printed and highlighed the info to equi and exp but they did not remove. That's why i'm writing ... To find out if anyone knows how to get it off with equi and exp but they don't use the same fico08 model is what our experts are saying. Try it. Look up the info, state your case and see if they remove it. What have u got to lose?

I have never heard of that.  If that was the case many, many posters wouldn't have as many baddies on their CR as they do.  Where did you find this information?

TU08 doesn't factor in collections under $100 but it doesn't mean they can't be on the report.

Message 14 of 24
gummiebear
New Contributor

Ok you guys made me go get my file...

1. There is an article in ConsumerReports.org. I typed in a search... Something to the effect 'items under $100 on credit' There were a bunch of items listed under this topic. Near the end is an example of someone with an old library book debt. It says 'Fic08 bypasses collection items under $100. It is also more forgiving for isolated minor delinquencies than the previous version.'

2. The other article I found is in dailydollarnewsletter.com. The article is called 'do collection accounts under $100 hurt your credit score.'

Again, I really just wanted to find out if anyone knew of what equi and exp were doing but I see no one has info on that for small accounts.

I've found so much info in these forums that has helped me so that's why I asked.

Thanks for your help.
Message 15 of 24
guiness56
Epic Contributor

There is nothing in the information you have that says they can't be reported to the CRA only that the particular FICO version doesn't factor them into scores.

Message 16 of 24
gummiebear
New Contributor

Transun removed my item when I stated that information to them. Again, just looking to see if anyone had info on on what equi and exp will do but no one does so i'll keep searching. just like GW ltrs, i hear from some people that it works, for some it doesn't.
Message 17 of 24
DaBears
Senior Contributor

FYI you can't gw unpaid debt. like i said in my pm pay it then you have nothing to worry about Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 24
gummiebear
New Contributor

That was not my point. And the reason and topic here is 'rebuilding credit.' If you make a mistake or something you shouldn't be penalized for it FOR YEARS. And especially something so small. There r many reasons things get put on credit. I was only seeking some info here and no one has info about exp and equi to contribute so have a good night.
Message 19 of 24
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Ok, I said jut pay the SMALL debt and be done with it, I sense you seek the easy way out.....Next time make sure your subject is not mis leading. we were trying to help.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.