Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accuracy of Simulator

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Accuracy of Simulator

Hey All. So finally after 2 years of carrying about 30k in CC balances and 10k in personal loans, I was able to pay off EVERYTHING this month, 34k 🤮. 0 balances across the board. 

Looking at the simulator for where my score would go to doesn't seem to be as high as I would expect. Currently 645 and it says I would be 738 afterwards. How accurate is that simulation? 

0 lates 

0 collections

5 year oldest account 

2.5 year average 

Mortgage

Car

A few of my CL were decreased by the lenders over time for holding high balances everywhere. 

5 REPLIES 5
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

Re: Accuracy of Simulator

The concensus seems to be literally all simulators are worthless, and personally, I agree.

FWIW, I'm kinda-sorta under the impression all of the simulators out there are Vantage 3.0, which is euphamistically called the FAKO score, I do not believe there is even a single FICO simulator as developing such a model would be stupid complex.

Long story short, ignore the simulators.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 2 of 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Not accurate at all. Also, be sure to not let all credit cards report zero balance as you incur an all-zero penalty from FICO. Let at least one card report a small, $10-$20 balance.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm talking specifically about the simulator in myFICO. I don't even look at their sites scores or sims, it's all junk. 

Message 4 of 6
RWJr

For me, the MyFico simulator was accurate. It correctly predicted that my serious delinquency (seven 30-day lates) would cap my score at 768. And it correctly predicted that once the serious delinquency aged off my score would surge to 847.

The MyFico simulator, I suspect, becomes less accurate as you employ more variables. For this reason, I kept it simple, using only the "age" simulation. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I'm thinking if anything it may be low balling. I had 10 accounts all at 90% or better. I'm hoping for 760+

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.