Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice ASAP

tag
vpanos1787
Valued Member

Advice ASAP

Hello everyone, could you please help.

I have a collection account on my credit report from EOS CCA from an old AT&T bill. However, I am eager at this point in time to clear it and get rid of it altogether as it is affecting my career right now as far as passing a background check without deliquent accounts.

The bill today is $3714 which this is a 6 year old bill. I called today and spoke with these really "nasty" people and they offered me a $2000 settlement. I asked them to send me a validation bill or letter of this account showing the exact charges. They told me it could take months up to a year. I know this is crazy from what I have read on here as it should only take 30 days. They told me if they request that then the next time I call they won't settle with me again. That was my once and for all settlement.
Can they do this?? I need this off ASAP for a promotion. I feel like asking for validation screwed me over today.
Is there a place I can file a complaint with them or something to fix this so I can get it settled?

Any advice is wanted. Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
beanie7132
Frequent Contributor

Re: Advice ASAP

I sent you a PM. Look for your little yellow envolope on the right.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Advice ASAP

You are seeking debt validation, whiich is the purpose of the DV process.

You can send a request for debt validation, which includes a request for itemization of the debt, but they have no set period to provide the requested validation.

If your DV request is timely, meaning sent without prior dunning notice from them, or within 30 days of their dunning notice, it will impose a cease collection bar on them untils such time as they choose to provide the requested validation.

If your DV is not timely, it invokes no cease collection bar, and they can thus continue business as usual with no requirement to cease collection or to provide the requested debt validation.

If satisfaction of the debt is your primary objective, then get the best deal you can.

If you additionally seek deletion of the reported collection, you can make them a PFD offer, which requires no response on their part, and could string things out.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.