Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice Needed...Seriously

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice Needed...Seriously

Sup everybody.

I just paid my car off. i had about 3 years to go on my auto loan with Cap1 but i just couldn't fathom the thought of continuing to pay all of that interest anymore (9.87%) so i forked up the cash and paid that demon off early. i know some people say its not a good thing to do that but i'ma just have to bite the bullet on that one. 

the real reason i am here today is because i have 2 medical collections on my CR. one for $1000 even and the other for $952 or something close to that. my thing is.. these are the ONLY negative things i have left on my report. the reason i didn't pay them is because i moved to another state soon after my accident and i never received the bill(s)..

what can i do to get these off my credit? i guess the obvious answer is to pay them.... but is there anything else that can be done instead lol. i already disputed but it doesn't work. i informed them that i never received a bill and still, nothing. i'm just frustrated and now i'm to the point where i don't want to pay them at all. it has to be something i can do. i'm sure i will come to my senses if paying them is the only option, but like i said right now i'm just frustrated. any advice on any steps i can take to get these off? i would very much appreciate it.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice Needed...Seriously

See if you can work a PFD deal with the collection agency. You'll pay it if they delete if off your report. Good luck!

Message 2 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I agree with attempting to obtain a PFD.

However, before contacting the debt collector, a few considerations should be pondered.

Does the debt collector now own the debt, how old is the debt (i.e., what is the date of your first default with the creditor), and what is the SOL on the debt for your state?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sup everybody.

I just paid my car off. i had about 3 years to go on my auto loan with Cap1 but i just couldn't fathom the thought of continuing to pay all of that interest anymore (9.87%) so i forked up the cash and paid that demon off early. i know some people say its not a good thing to do that but i'ma just have to bite the bullet on that one. 

the real reason i am here today is because i have 2 medical collections on my CR. one for $1000 even and the other for $952 or something close to that. my thing is.. these are the ONLY negative things i have left on my report. the reason i didn't pay them is because i moved to another state soon after my accident and i never received the bill(s)..

what can i do to get these off my credit? i guess the obvious answer is to pay them.... but is there anything else that can be done instead lol. i already disputed but it doesn't work. i informed them that i never received a bill and still, nothing. i'm just frustrated and now i'm to the point where i don't want to pay them at all. it has to be something i can do. i'm sure i will come to my senses if paying them is the only option, but like i said right now i'm just frustrated. any advice on any steps i can take to get these off? i would very much appreciate it.

HA, loophole number one my friend.

Until Fico09 comes into effect, where medical bills aren't scored as negatively, PFD, and research HIPPA laws.  

Shameless plug of general FTC laws regarding Collection Agencies, however I am talking out of my lower sphincter because medical goes under HIPPA as well, and I don't have the link for that, apologies. BUT...here's some fun bathroom reading.

https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rules/rulemaking-regulatory-reform-proceedings/fair-debt-collection-practices-act-text

EDIT:  I see you disputed and they laughed in your face while sipping on the vat of tears collected from payees, however, PFD. Don't go unarmed. Knowledge is power.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

I agree with attempting to obtain a PFD.

However, before contacting the debt collector, a few considerations should be pondered.

Does the debt collector now own the debt, how old is the debt (i.e., what is the date of your first default with the creditor), and what is the SOL on the debt for your state?

I believe the debt collector does own the debt now. the original creditor never put this on my credit report. But it still shows their name.

See below

photo Capture.jpg

The dispute center says that this debt will fall off 11/2018. That's a long time!

So doing a PFD is my best option?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Current balance is $0 - there is nothing to pay.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Current balance is $0 - there is nothing to pay.

i noticed that too. again, i never paid this. what can i do to get this removed?

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would call the OC and see if they have any information on it. Maybe insurance paid it late or something?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.