Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice needed for increasing score

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Advice needed for increasing score

It's hard to tell. Good news is your negatives are not updating, so there is some score recovery happening already. If you took care of utilization on your own cards, and were not AU on card with high utilization, you would gain those points back.

Presence of CO makes it harder to guess. 

I would  use Navy card for everything by all means. Make sure you pay it down before statement cuts. Does not have to be weekly, but if weekly makes you more comfortable, do it that way.  It will be  benefical  when time for mortgage or auto financing comes. 

Message 11 of 16
falcon7xx
Contributor

$700 CL is not much, so Since i was going to use it for everything I will need to PIF a few times a month. I just did not know if this will help me when I go for a CLI with NFCU that they will see i use the card alot and PIF all the time.

Message 12 of 16
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@falcon7xx wrote:

$700 CL is not much, so Since i was going to use it for everything I will need to PIF a few times a month. I just did not know if this will help me when I go for a CLI with NFCU that they will see i use the card alot and PIF all the time.

It will help. You're building a relationship for future lending. Just make sure your payments are on time and utilization in check. Those two factors are under your control. 

Message 13 of 16
falcon7xx
Contributor

quick question is it worth trying to get a goodwill on the charge offs especially since I had good payments before that time period and also I was helping take care of my father who passed away at that time.

Message 14 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@falcon7xx wrote:

quick question is it worth trying to get a goodwill on the charge offs especially since I had good payments before that time period and also I was helping take care of my father who passed away at that time.

Yup, a CO depresses Fico the entire time its on record and he previous good in the account is all but destroyed.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get the utilization down and you could see some improvement soon. See if you can get an increase on one of the cards (soft pull?)

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.