Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice needed if I should ..

tag
howellco2
Frequent Contributor

Advice needed if I should ..

I need some advice if I should pop out the Garden since I'm not all the way in just on other side of the gate lol..
Here's the deal I got my score up to 725 with EQ and that's the one my credit union uses my loan officer told me with that score I should qualify for 11.99% interest and all new balance transfers at 3% for a year I dont really have any balances anyway ....

Really I want to know how much will that inquiry hurt I've got 18 left on EQ that will be there for another year anyway to be honest I dont really have any major plans I'm most likely burnt with Chase for life ... Citi may love me one day since I got a homedepot card I use all the time .....

Really want to close my Cap 1 they wont increase me intrest is 28% and a 40$ annual fee
Also how bad a hit will closeing it will I take it's my oldest card not worried about UTI since I just got the 10k increase on amex
Will new account push it down ... worried about score dropping make amex and discover lower their limits

MAJOR BANK CARDS Amex BC 15k, Amex CM 1500, Amex Delta 1k, BB&T Travel 4500, BBVA 6900, CAP1QS 2600, Discover 3300, Marvel MC 6000, Wells Fargo CR 4500, Blispay 2k
CREDIT UNION CARDS DCU 2k , Robbins 10k, United1st 5k
STORE CARDS Amazon 10k, Home Depot 5k, PayPal 4k, Walmart 6k, Lowes 12k
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice needed if I should ..

You should see if Cap1 will product change that card to an AF one!  Should be able to do that with a SP. 

@howellco2 wrote:
I need some advice if I should pop out the Garden since I'm not all the way in just on other side of the gate lol..
Here's the deal I got my score up to 725 with EQ and that's the one my credit union uses my loan officer told me with that score I should qualify for 11.99% interest and all new balance transfers at 3% for a year I dont really have any balances anyway ....

Really I want to know how much will that inquiry hurt I've got 18 left on EQ that will be there for another year anyway to be honest I dont really have any major plans I'm most likely burnt with Chase for life ... Citi may love me one day since I got a homedepot card I use all the time .....

Really want to close my Cap 1 they wont increase me intrest is 28% and a 40$ annual fee
Also how bad a hit will closeing it will I take it's my oldest card not worried about UTI since I just got the 10k increase on amex
Will new account push it down ... worried about score dropping make amex and discover lower their limits

Message 2 of 4
howellco2
Frequent Contributor

Capital one wont product change me or give me a increase been trying for over a year

MAJOR BANK CARDS Amex BC 15k, Amex CM 1500, Amex Delta 1k, BB&T Travel 4500, BBVA 6900, CAP1QS 2600, Discover 3300, Marvel MC 6000, Wells Fargo CR 4500, Blispay 2k
CREDIT UNION CARDS DCU 2k , Robbins 10k, United1st 5k
STORE CARDS Amazon 10k, Home Depot 5k, PayPal 4k, Walmart 6k, Lowes 12k
Message 3 of 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@howellco2 wrote:

You have a lot of inq. One more wont make that much difference, if any. At most, you're looking at 7-10, usually around 5. 

Closed card stays on your report up to 10 years (it's possible that it may get removed sooner but by that time your other cards will age. There will be no scoring penalty for closing it, unless it changes your utilization. 

New accounts will lower AAoA.  Discover will not lower your limits for that reason. They are not too hung up on scores. Unless the change is really significant, Amex should be fine, especially if you're actually using it and PIF. 

With all that said, there is a reason you're in the garden. You have new accounts and you should let them age a bit before adding more, unless this card is something you need (not want) at this time. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.