Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice needed!!

tag
Readyforchange
New Contributor

Advice needed!!

I have an account from 2000 with Nuvell that is showing paid as agreed but lates in 2004 so there is a flag on my CR. Should I dispute to have the account deleted of try a GW letter with Nuvell. If the account is deleted the next oldest is 2001 with EQ and 2005 with TU.

Starting Score: EQ-543
Current Score: EQ-622, TU- 619, EX? 10/13/13 EX Lender pull 637
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Advice needed!!

@Readyforchange wrote:

I have an account from 2000 with Nuvell that is showing paid as agreed but lates in 2004 so there is a flag on my CR. Should I dispute to have the account deleted of try a GW letter with Nuvell. If the account is deleted the next oldest is 2001 with EQ and 2005 with TU.

Hi and welcome.

Late payments will stop reporting after 7 years from each individual date of delinquency so depending on when these lates happened they could be dropping off soon.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Additionally, if you request "deletion," dont request deletion of the account.  Just deletion of the individual delinquency or delinquencies under the account.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Readyforchange wrote:  Should I dispute to have the account deleted of try a GW letter with Nuvell.

Hi ready,

Well, first it depends on whether the reported account is accurate or not.

GW's are used for accurate info you would like to get removed at the goodwill of the creditor;  but these forums do not encourage disputing accurate info in an effort to remove it. 

If the Nuvell info is accurate, please check the FICO Forum User guidelines statement regarding Credit Repair:

FICO Forums is intended to provide helpful and useful tips for managing credit and understanding FICO scoring.  This is not the place to exchange ‘credit repair’ advice that encourages consumers to provide untrue or misleading information to a credit bureau or lender for the purpose of raising FICO scores or otherwise improving credit ratings, credit histories or credit records. Such material may be edited or removed, and egregious or repeat offenders will be banned from future participation in FICO Forums.

Hope that's helpful - I couldn't tell if the info was accurate and needed a goodwill; or inaccurate and needed to be corrected.

Message 4 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@RobertEG wrote:

Additionally, if you request "deletion," dont request deletion of the account.  Just deletion of the individual delinquency or delinquencies under the account.

Good point.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.