Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on Goodwill to Cap1

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice on Goodwill to Cap1

Outside of my bankruptcy, I have 2 late payments that were settled for 50% in 2014, so going on 2020 will make 6 years. I’m curious on if I can write a goodwill letter and ask that they only delete the lates, but not the accounts themselves, as the accounts are helping my Aaoa, etc. Pretty sure if they were totally deleted it would hit my scores hard. They are my oldest credit accounts. Or if I’m better off just waiting it out since I’m already in year 6, and gardening until then. I have re established a relationship with them, and the cards that were settled were only $500 cards. My current cards with Cap1 are far better than anything I had before, and have always paid on time with substantially higher than minimums, most often in full.
Tips? Advice? Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Advice on Goodwill to Cap1

Cap1 isnt known to do GW request. Very very rare. They are the most forgiving. Thats how you got back in. Try this link and look for details:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/The-Saturation-Technique-Best-GW-adjustment-... 

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Advice on Goodwill to Cap1

With Cap-1 the greatest success at GW is in the final year of reporting. Yes you can write to the office of the CEO asking for GW on the lates only.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.