Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on goodwill letters?

tag
Cookie2120987
Frequent Contributor

Advice on goodwill letters?

So, I just spoke to I must say the nicest repensitive ever, and for discover. She informed me that I have a collection reporting as paid from just over a year ago, and without that I could have gotten my secured card! Dang. I've been looking through goodwill threads but could really use some advice.

i went through a VERY VERY  bad situation about a year and a half ago. I had a vet bill I was disputing, which they reported to a collection agency LESS THAN 30 days after the date of the visit, on top of that they reported to a LOCAL collection agency who called and left me this EXACT MESSAGE " (insert name here) (insert number here)" that was all he said once about once a month nothing else, finally I answered after about 6 months and demanded he explain himself ONLY THAN did he say it was a collection agency, I immediately paid the balance and boom done.. (The vet originally told me I didn't have to worry about the remainder because she messed up he prescription dosage and mistreated my animal...) 

along the same line I moved around a LOT, and my student loans which I originally thought were all paid (I was given the impersonation that what else I received were grants and I did NOT have to pay back) well finally my student loans were turned over to a servicing department which called my work and I figured out that day that they were in collections, now they're all caught up and reporting being paid BUT as 2 different accounts and through NelNet Smiley Sad 

my questions regarding goodwill, how can I advance? I can attempt to look up the mailing address for the Business Service Bureo the local agency but I've never sent a goodwill letter or done anything along this line.. any advice or links to thread would be very much appreciated, I really want to try to get these 120 days lates removed and hopefully get this collection removedthis the biggest factor hurting me right now.

thanks everyone!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Advice on goodwill letters?

You're trying to figure out who to send them to? The bigwigs of the companies, you have to google and look up linkedin profiles and etc to find email addreses for like CEOs and etc. 

Or, you can just send a letter to the addresses listed on your credit report hoping for a response. 

Good luck!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.