Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on how to get out of Credit Card Hell

tag
molitar
Established Member

Advice on how to get out of Credit Card Hell

I purchased a home back in January and it was FHA inspected but also a pre-foreclosure.  Turns out major repairs were missed and cost me more in repairs I racked up my credit card purchases maxing them out to where I am now having difficulty making my bills. 

What are my options?  Is Credit Negotiation the only option I have available as that will kill it even more by not paying anything for a while until negotiations can be made.  This makes me leery as I had originally spent 2 years getting myself into a decent credit score of mid 646..  Only to have it all come collapsing on me due to a house that needed major repairs right away, hit an run on my car that I had to pay the deductible on which also caused a water leak that will cost me a used engine most likely.  It not just rained bad luck it poured down on me putting me in the worse situation I have been in for 2+ years now.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice on how to get out of Credit Card Hell

House re-appraisal and pull out some equity with a refi?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice on how to get out of Credit Card Hell

Make minimum payments at least.  If it's really bad I suggest getting a part time job to help you pay your cards down.  You don't want new lates hanging around for 7 years.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.