cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on how to remove a satisfied NYS Tax Lien needed.

tag
770man

Advice on how to remove a satisfied NYS Tax Lien needed.

Hey All,

I have a NYS tax lein/judgement that was filed against me by the state of New York in Decemeber of 2008 and was satisfied in August of 2009. 

Does anybody have any idea on how to go about getting it removed from my reports I tried back in 2009 to get it removed by showin that it was satisfied bu that didnt do much for me.

I know the IRS has forms 12277 nad 4235 which are used in some way or another for removing a lien from the pubic records, does the state of New York have a similar form to get a lien removed?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice on how to remove a satisfied NYS Tax Lien needed.

If you hear anything on this I have an interest in this as well!

Message 2 of 7
poohda23
New Contributor

I had the same problem with a KS tax lien, that was paid.  According to KS they could not remove the lien, because they did not put it on my report.  I was reading a few sites and found a tip that said dispute the item as "same/similar name", and do not use the "not mines" option.  Well I tried it...looked this morning and it was removed.  I had been disputing this item for quite some time with no luck.  I'm not sure if the method worked or if the CRA was just tired of me.  It took about 2 weeks for it to come off.

Message 3 of 7
electra
Established Contributor

Hi poohda23

I'm looking for a way to get my California State Tax Liens (paid/released) removed.    Thinking I might try this as I haven't seen anyone else have any luck with State liens.     Did you do this online?

Message 4 of 7
poohda23
New Contributor

I sent you a PM explaining the steps I took

Message 5 of 7
rellim61

I have one CA State Tax Lien from 2010 on my credit that I'm digging into - I honestly dont' remember the details, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.  I'd love to learn more about what you did or are doing.  Thanks!

Message 6 of 7
KevinBlock55
Established Member

Me as well please! Thanks!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.