Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice to continue rebuild please?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice to continue rebuild please?

I have been reading these forums for probably two years now in regards to rebuilding. This will be my first time posting. I have had success rebuilding thanks to ficoforums so thank you!

A little history:

Went through some rough times and charged off all four of my first credit cards at the age of 23. (Am 27 now)

CO's include:

Bofa rewards $2500

Schools first $2500

Capital one $300

Credit one $500.

I was an aothorized user on a couple other CL's

Au's include:

Citi CBNA $1000

SYNCB TJX $1000

Kohls $1500

Target $1400

I am a full time student, but managed to settle with all 4 CO's over the last two years. 

Started in the mid 500's FICO

Got back in the game with Capital one platinum card $300 14 months ago, which went to $500 with credit steps. 

Then Merrick 9 months ago for $700 that doubled to $1400. Then Cap one QS1 for $300. 

In the last month I went on a nice spree and was able to get approved for Discover it (opted for the chrome) for $2400, Amazon prime store card $200, Chase Amazon Prime Visa $500, and just last night Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select for $3000! Scattered in there were a couple denials including Bofa, Us Bank, Chase freedon unlimited (have checking and savings for years with them), and wells Fargo cash wise (checking and savings relationship for 6 months now). I also got CLI's of $100 to each Cap one card with QS1 due for credit steps CLI in a month. And was upgraded from Cap one Platinum to Quicksilver no AF version.

Ficos pulled were from 621-633 on all three reports. 

Current: Citi AAdvantage $3000/Disco it chrome $2400/Cap one Quicksilver $600/Chase amazon prime visa $500/Cap one QS1 $400/Amazon Store prime $200/Merrick $1400 and AU cards mentioned above. Also have $20,000 student loans (deferred)/Paid off Recreational merchandise (motorcycle loan) $3500 with 3 30 day lates (same time as CO's)/And 3 small collections (medical) two of which are being disputed because I had insurance and one that will fall off in less than a year.  

UTI is 12% overall. With about 15 INQ's spread out over all three reports. 

What are my next moves besides letting cards grow. Should I drop any AU's or any other suggestiong please and thank you!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Advice to continue rebuild please?

Authorized user accounts prop you up but they don't help your score grow, only your accounts will help do that. You have enough decent cards now that you really don't need to be an authorized user on anyone's account. However, removing yourself CAN lower your AOA, so be careful there. You've got student loans for your mix so other than gardening and keeping your utilization low, there's nothing else I can think of. Keep at it!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice to continue rebuild please?

Okay thank you

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.