Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advise

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advise

Trying to boost my credit score, but have 3 negetives on my report (Collections). What should I do?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MediumTedium

Re: Advise

How old are the collections? Usually the score hit starts dropping the older it gets. Are you planning on settling with the collections agencies? What is your credit score now? How many credit cards do you have right now? Is your utilization under 30%?

My point being, there are a lot of factors that affect your score that would be able improved depending on where the pain points are and how recently they occurred Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Hi and welcome @Anonymous 

Who are your collections with? How old are they? Do you have charge offs associated with these collections? Are they medical? 

We need a little bit more information from you before attempting to advise you on how to proceed 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

How old? One is 1yr 7 month, other is 1yr 3 month anfd the last one is 2 month. Should I settle with them? My score TU 617, EF 575 and EXP 582. I have 4CC some is 30%

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My collection is with Calvery and Portfolio. One Is 1YR 7month, 1yr 3month and 2yr they all are charge offs that lead to collections. They CC bills

Message 5 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

My collection is with Calvery and Portfolio. One Is 1YR 7month, 1yr 3month and 2yr they all are charge offs that lead to collections. They CC bills

Both Portfolio and Calvary will delete after collections are paid 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.