Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After dispute with CRA - What next??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

After dispute with CRA - What next??

I had one collection account on all 3 credit reports that had been reaged.  I had 2 old credit reports from 2006 that showed the original creditor with an "account is scheduled to continue on record until March 2008" on my Experian report and a DOLA of 05/2001 on my Equifax report.  Fast forward to present day - Asset Acceptance has the account now.  The original creditor no longer reports this.  I disputed as obsolete with all 3 CRA's and provided them with copies of the old credit reports to back up my claim.  TransUnion and Experian both deleted and sent me verification that they deleted.  Equifax has marked the account as "Consumer Disputes this account information" but they have not deleted it and it appears that Asset has updated the monthly information to now show a DOLA as July 2002. However, I have not officially heard from Equifax yet - their 30 days will be up next week.  I just want to have my next round ready to go.   I know for a fact that this has been illegally reaged either by Asset or someone who had the account before them.  I am thinking that my next step should be to send a strongly worded letter to Asset but I have several questions.                                                                                                                                                    Should I also include copies of the Credit reports showing my proof????                                                      Can I demand that they delete within a certain time after receiving this information???                                 Should I go ahead and send information to BBB, FTC and AG or wait and see what Asset does?                   Can I say that I "may seek legal advice if they do not delete?" and that really is not a lie - if they do not delete I am going to see a lawyer.

Should I continue to pursue this with the CRA?

I know this is long but I am just trying to provide all the information.  Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: After dispute with CRA - What next??

Do you deal with EQ directly or CSC?

In my experience, they will take the full amount of time.

EQ list a DOFD.....what is that date?

Wait for the results and read the re-aging thread--- see link below.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: After dispute with CRA - What next??

I deal with Equifax directly.

Okay - I will wait the full time.  I'm just getting antsy!

On the 2006 credit report the original creditor listed a DOFD as 06/2001.  On my current report - Asset only lists a DOLA as 07/2002.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.