cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agreed with CA PFD. They did not delete, what are the options?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Agreed with CA PFD. They did not delete, what are the options?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Basically Comcast made a promise that they could not fulfill. They have to recall the debt from debt collector to terminate the debt collectors authority to cause it to be deleted. Then they can accept payment from you.

Thats not good news. It shows paid, but I was hoping for more. Just hope they find a way to remove it as promised.

@Anonymous they have already reported it paid to the debt collector who has updated it. They have no authority to direct the debt collector to delete it. 

i'm not sure how they will proceed. 

Message 11 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Basically Comcast made a promise that they could not fulfill. They have to recall the debt from debt collector to terminate the debt collectors authority to cause it to be deleted. Then they can accept payment from you.

Thats not good news. It shows paid, but I was hoping for more. Just hope they find a way to remove it as promised.

@Anonymous they have already reported it paid to the debt collector who has updated it. They have no authority to direct the debt collector to delete it. 

i'm not sure how they will proceed. 

I guess I will need a law firm.

Message 12 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

For future reference and for other readers, whenever a third-party has a collection, you have one of two ways to have it removed.

First you can make a deal with the debt collector for a PFD. Or you can make a deal with the OC to recall the debt from the CA, which terminates the debt collectors authority requiring deletion. then, you pay the OC subsequent to the recall.

If you pay prior to the recall, it doesn’t terminate CAs collection authority and doesn’t have to be deleted.
Message 13 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
For future reference and for other readers, whenever a third-party has a collection, you have one of two ways to have it removed.

First you can make a deal with the debt collector for a PFD. Or you can make a deal with the OC to recall the debt from the CA, which terminates the debt collectors authority requiring deletion. then, you pay the OC subsequent to the recall.

If you pay prior to the recall, it doesn’t terminate CAs collection authority and doesn’t have to be deleted.

Great info thank you.

Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Great info thank you.

@Anonymous i'm just sorry you didn't have the information before you made the deal.

Nevertheless, Comcast made a bargain and they may be able to persuade the debt collector to delete it based on their relationship with the debt collector. Comcast has an obligation to you, as they agreed to a condition and the recording was authorized, & you have evidence of the oral contract. I would definitely speak to a supervisor at Comcast. 

Message 15 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am not aware if they recalled the debt. I called one day, told them phone call was recorded. Asked about payment optioned. Then they agreed to removed debt from credit upon full payment. They asked  tif I was ready to proceed, I said yes. They asked how would I pay for it, I said by credit card. Then they accepted the credit card, said debt was fullfilled. Then said it will show up paid in 30 days, then said it would be removed after that. Every thing worked fine until after that, its still there just saying paid.

Message 16 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

Is the collection being reported by a third party debt collector, or was it reported directly by the original creditor as an internal collection by the creditor?

A PFD is a civil contract between the parties that becomes enforceable in court.

A credtior cannot make  contractural agreement that is binding upon a third party who is not a party to the contract.

The collection account was being reported by a third party at the time that i paid for the collection in full. However, I contacted the original creditor which was comcast. My recorded conversation was with a comcast employee whom told me it would be deleted upon payment in full. What party would I have been considered?

@Anonymous unfortunately since it's a third-party collection, you had to have Comcast agree to recall it prior to it being paid in order to force CA to delete it. I do not know what your remedy might be at this point. Maybe @RobertEG can chime in further?

Pretty much stuck at this point. If i could use a letter with the $1,000 fine for their breach it might work.. I am trying to find that statute but no luck at this time.

Message 17 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Great info thank you.

@Anonymous i'm just sorry you didn't have the information before you made the deal.

Nevertheless, Comcast made a bargain and they may be able to persuade the debt collector to delete it based on their relationship with the debt collector. Comcast has an obligation to you, as they agreed to a condition and the recording was authorized, & you have evidence of the oral contract. I would definitely speak to a supervisor at Comcast. 

Today i will follow up with comcast and attempt to speak with a supervisor. I hope they will take care of it. It is a lesson well learned. I did not have the right ammo before I made the call.

Message 18 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know no one likes dealing with Collection agencies, but if a collection agency is reporting, you always start with them to PFD, as mentioned above, an original creditor cannot PFD a CA, they can only recall the collection authority (terminate it).

Always start with the collection agency to PFD. If they do not eventually agree to PFD, then you work on the original creditor to terminate/recall the collection authority in exchange for payment.

I attempted recalling a debt with Sprint because the CA would not PFD and they tried to sat they would, but when I made them clarify, it was simply to update as "paid". It can be tricky because they want to get paid and they will try to make a play on words to get the deal sealed.

In your post you stated "to stop reporting" which is what would happen if you paid, it would stop reporting monthly, so they probably agreed to that. Their mistake was saying they would delete it, which they cannot force the CA to delete, only to update, unless they withdraw collection authority.

Message 19 of 33
sjt
Senior Contributor

Who is the collection agency?
American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.