Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ahead of my goals

tag
starry1
Valued Contributor

Ahead of my goals

@starry1 wrote:

So I wanted to set down my goal cards and get some feedback.  My goals are very modest considering a lot of the posts here, but as a single mom, I just don't have the kind of disposable income to throw around to make an Amex or csp worthwhile.  I'm in the last two weeks of a bk7, and my plans for 2013 are to both rebuild and save aggressively. 

Nfcu trifecta 

walmart

jcp

target

barclays nfl or itunes

amazon

Those are the cards i want because i know i will use them regularly, maybe down the line a disco or Costco Amex because lord knows with two teenage football players I spend enough there to make it worthwhile. I hope I can skip cap1, but if navy decides to be conservative with me then I will go that route.  Any thoughts on who I should app with first?  Any others I should condider?  Ideally I'd like to have three cards by the end of the year and then garden the first half of 2014.

I found this old post of mine stating my 2013 goals and I'm doing much better than I thought, it still feels like I could be doing better. But I do have 5 of the 8 tls I listed. Now I'm tempted to app for the three I don't have, even though I don't even want the Target anymore and I have too many inqs and new accounts for Barclays. The jcp is the one I really really want but is eluding me.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Ahead of my goals

Tempted to app the other 3 huh 

Congrats on your success thus far

BTW so busted Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 5
starry1
Valued Contributor

I'm not busted because I didn't do anything.Smiley Tongue  Just checking up on my progress for the year.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 3 of 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

@starry1 wrote:

I'm not busted because I didn't do anything.Smiley Tongue  Just checking up on my progress for the year.

Lol 

And a marvelous job I might add in a years time Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 5
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

CongratsI I know we give you a hard time, you know the score and your doing great!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.