cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ahhh Snap!! Portfolio Recovery Is Removed!!!

tag
BrownSugah66
Regular Contributor

Ahhh Snap!! Portfolio Recovery Is Removed!!!

Oh happy day!!! I just pulled all three credit reports (EQ=MyFICO, TU=MyFICO, EX= Experian.com) and discovered that Portfolio Recovery (2 seperate tradelines) has been removed!!!  For the past 2 months I have attempted to have the 2 negative tradelines validated to no avail.  Portfolio Recovery continued to report theese alledged debts but didn't bother responding to my requests for validation.

I finally got fed up and sent the following letter to Portfolio Recovery as well as sending a dispute and request for deletion to the CRAs. IT WORKED!!!!

** DOING THE HAPPY DANCE **

Today's Date

Portfolio Recovery & Affiliates
Riverside Commerce Center

120 Corporate Blvd., Suite 100
Norfolk, VA 23502-4962

Re:  Acct # XXXX and XXXX

FDCPA - Section 809(b) "Validation of the debt" requires debt collectors to obtain verification of the debt from the creditor and mail it to the consumer.

To Whom It May Concern,

Attached is a copy of my initial request for validation of the alledged debts noted above, dated (date of letter) and received by your offices on (certified mail receipt date).  As of today, (today's date) I have not received the requested validation. Therefore, pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, this alleged debt must be immediately removed from my credit file with Equifax, TransUnion, and Experian.  Invalidated debt reporting is a violation of the FDCPA.

This request is being sent by certified mail to insure confirmation of delivery and receipt. If your offices fail to respond to this request within 15 days from the date of your
receipt, I will have no other recourse but to file a lawsuit on the basis of defamation, and violation of the FDCPA, section 809 (b). Please send me written confirmation of deletion of this account from my credit file immediately.

Regards,

Your Name

Your Mailing Address

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ahhh Snap!! Portfolio Recovery Is Removed!!!

Congrats!

Message 2 of 3
BrownSugah66
Regular Contributor

Re: Ahhh Snap!! Portfolio Recovery Is Removed!!!

Thank you!! Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.