Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All CRA denied my police report

tag
doctormyers
Established Member

All CRA denied my police report

Long story short I noticed a few collections appear on all my credit reports that I did not authorize. Did some research, then I prepared a request to block letter including my ID, SSN, Utility bill, Police Report, FTC Affidavit Report, & a statement from me saying I did not authorize such accounts. I even sent them to the OC , who seemingly automatically verified the information. 
Transunion sent me a letter saying my request was either made in error, a misrepresentation of material fact or, I obtained goods.

Equifax said they couldn't verify my identity and is asking for my W2/Paystub so they also declined my request.

I called experian and they said my police report is INVALID for internal reasons, however they sent me an email stating my report does not contain a matching consumer name, case number or location of where the police report was filed.

I looked and my police report does say my name, the date and time I started the report, the name of officer who approved the report, but it does not have the police address. 
My police report has a report number but at the top of the page it says summary incident report. I'm wondering if this is the incorrect version of a police report? The police department advised me to do it online and said if I walked inside instead it would be the same outcome. So I do not understand what other version of a police report could I get if mine is indeed invalid.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: All CRA denied my police report

@doctormyers wrote:

Long story short I noticed a few collections appear on all my credit reports that I did not authorize. Did some research, then I prepared a request to block letter including my ID, SSN, Utility bill, Police Report, FTC Affidavit Report, & a statement from me saying I did not authorize such accounts. I even sent them to the OC , who seemingly automatically verified the information. 
Transunion sent me a letter saying my request was either made in error, a misrepresentation of material fact or, I obtained goods.

Equifax said they couldn't verify my identity and is asking for my W2/Paystub so they also declined my request.

I called experian and they said my police report is INVALID for internal reasons, however they sent me an email stating my report does not contain a matching consumer name, case number or location of where the police report was filed.

I looked and my police report does say my name, the date and time I started the report, the name of officer who approved the report, but it does not have the police address. 
My police report has a report number but at the top of the page it says summary incident report. I'm wondering if this is the incorrect version of a police report? The police department advised me to do it online and said if I walked inside instead it would be the same outcome. So I do not understand what other version of a police report could I get if mine is indeed invalid.

What do you mean you didnt authorize? Who are the creditors that sent it to a CA. Call them and explain it doesnt belong to you. Or do they?

Message 2 of 5
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Police reports have 2 stages. The initial reporting and an actual report. Verify if you have the completed report. 

Message 3 of 5
doctormyers
Established Member

Didn't authorize as in I did not open the account. Never had an account with the original creditor. It's a collection account. I have tried disputing with them directly but it's coming back verified as I stated.

Message 4 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Call the Creditor.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.