Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Fico 8 Scores into Mid-600's/Other Fico's Low 500's

tag
jbb27885
New Contributor

All Fico 8 Scores into Mid-600's/Other Fico's Low 500's

I have really started to work on my credit the last 3 months or so and today Eq crossed the line and joined the other 2 agencies in the 620's. As excited as this is, I'm still bummed to see that all of my other fico scores for auto lending and mortage are so low..(High 400's in some cases and low 500's.) What gives? What can I do to increase these fico scores? Why does everyone care so much about fico 8 scores when the other fico scores are ultimately probably much more important in the long run than the fico 8?

5 REPLIES 5
evsports7
Contributor

Re: All Fico 8 Scores into Mid-600's/Other Fico's Low 500's

Bump! I would like to know the answer to this as well.

Credit Profile: Started (2/6/2016): EQ 516, EX 542, TU 543
FICO 08 (11/4/2016): EQ 634, EX 647 , TU 645
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's frustrating, I fully understand what you are dealing with.  At the BEGINNING OF OCTOBER I decided to start attacking the ash and trash on my report.  My scores (8 & mortgage) were in the same vicinity of yours (actually lower).  

Flash Back to late September:

EQ : 600 (FICO8) / 520 (Mortgage)

TU:  591 (FICO8) / 535 (Mortgage)

EX;  595 (FICO8) / 545 (Mortgage)

As of this morning:

EQ:  661 (FICO8) / 595 (Mortgage)

TU:  730 (FICO8) / 698 (Mortgage)

EX:  703 (FICO8) / 681 (Mortgage)

In basically a month, I went from a pretty bad situation to one where I applied for a conventional mortgage today.  IT CAN BE DONE!

In order to provide advice, we need to know the details of where you are starting from.  What are your scores, need a list of bad stuff, DOFD, types of negative info, etc.  There is a topic at the top of the forum that indicates type of info needed to get advice around here.  The forum is full of knowledge and everyone is very happy to help.

Message 3 of 6
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

I asked MyFico support a question concerning the additional scores shortly after I joined.

The Fico8 score updates everytime a change is detected to you CR.

The additional scores only change at the 3 month interval that your CR is pulled.

So even though your Fico8 scores are showing in the 620+ range and your additional scores are not does not mean that they are still in fact that low...

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Starting Scores (06/2016):

Current Fico8 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Current Fico9 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's slightly inaccurate.  The other FICOs dont update in realtime like 8 does, but they do update every time you run a new report.  It's not strictly at 3 month intervals.

Message 5 of 6
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

You are right. I should not assume that the OP just has the monthly 3B product...

So for the 3B it is at the 3 month interval or the 1B which is monthly or whenever you purchase the one time report(s).

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Starting Scores (06/2016):

Current Fico8 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Current Fico9 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.