cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Negatives are at 0 balance, now what?

tag
sharriel
Frequent Contributor

All Negatives are at 0 balance, now what?

This is all of the negative info that I have on my report now and I feel like I am stuck at a standstill because noone will reomve early for me.  What do I do now??

CAP1 - ChargeOff - ZERO BALANCE -  Settled,  DOFD - 7/07

CAP1 - ChargeOff - ZERO BALANCE - Settled, DOFD - 5/07

Fingerhut/Webbank - ChargeOff - ZERO BALANCE - Transferred/Sold - DOFD - 11/11

HSBC - ChargeOff - ZERO BALANCE - Settled, DOFD - 1/07

Midland (from above Fingerhut account)- ChargeOff - ZERO BALANCE - Paid Collection - DOFD - 10/11

Portfolio - ChargeOff - ZERO BALANCE - Paid Collection, DOFD - 3/07

Satisfied Judgment - Date Filed - 12/09

I am trying to by a house July 2014.  I have $18K in good credit right now.  Do you think this is possible with the above?

5/16/13 Starting FICOEQ: 521 FICOTU: 536 FICOEX: 571
5/13/14 Current FICOEQ: 668 FICOTU: 690 FICOEX: 673
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
denver133
Frequent Contributor

Re: Everything is at 0 balance, now what?

Hi there,

I was in your same shoes a couple months ago.  My scores just did not move up any more since I paid everything off.  

First, time is going to heal those old CO accounts.  Keep sending GWs to Fingerhut and Midland.   

Do you have any credit now? Any currently opened credit cards?  If no, get yourself a secured card and let that grow. You need some positives on your account.  

My Cards: CSP: $5,000 // Hyatt: $5,000 // Cap1 Venture: $5,000 // US Bank Plat: $3,500 // Discover: $1,000 // AMEX BCE: $1,000 // Lowes: $5,500 // Furniture Row: $3,500 // Buckle Store Card: $750

Current MyFico Scores: EX 687 EQ 696 TU 687 Gardening from 5/15 till 5/16

Message 2 of 8
sharriel
Frequent Contributor

Thanks! I write to all of them every week.  You would think they would be sick of me by now!

Yes, I have 18K in good standing credit all on 12 open credit cards.

Message 3 of 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@sharriel wrote:

This is all of the negative info that I have on my report now and I feel like I am stuck at a standstill because noone will reomve early for me.  What do I do now??

CAP1 - ChargeOff - ZERO BALANCE -  Settled,  DOFD - 7/07

CAP1 - ChargeOff - ZERO BALANCE - Settled, DOFD - 5/07

Fingerhut/Webbank - ChargeOff - ZERO BALANCE - Transferred/Sold - DOFD - 11/11

HSBC - ChargeOff - ZERO BALANCE - Settled, DOFD - 1/07

Midland (from above Fingerhut account)- ChargeOff - ZERO BALANCE - Paid Collection - DOFD - 10/11

Portfolio - ChargeOff - ZERO BALANCE - Paid Collection, DOFD - 3/07

Satisfied Judgment - Date Filed - 12/09

I am trying to by a house July 2014.  I have $18K in good credit right now.  Do you think this is possible with the above?

Only a underwriter can say yes or no. He/She is the only one that could make that decision. However by paying all unpaid debt is always a plus. Keep your util % low, rotate cards every month, make on-time payments you shall do fine. DO not open any more credit cards. Your score should be higher by the time you app for a mortgage. Smiley Happy

DaBears

Message 4 of 8
GFer
Valued Contributor

Also, if the DOFD dates are correct, most of those will drop in 2014 (hopefully sooner!).

I recently had several drop early.

Edited to add: I just realized you say in your subject title that everything is at 0 balance. Does that mean that all of your open cc's are -0- balance, too? Ideally, you want one cc to report a balance 1-9% and all others -0- for the optimal score.

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 8
sharriel
Frequent Contributor

Sorry, I meant all negatives are at zero balance.  All open positive accounts are at a combined 11% UTIL

Message 6 of 8
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

You have 3 that will drop off soon.  As long as the others have been paid, I don't see a problem with underwriting.  You will, however, probably have to write an explanation letter.

Keep paying on time!

Message 7 of 8
themizlyne
Regular Contributor

Re: All Negatives are at 0 balance, now what?

You can always print a copy of your report and go chat with a couple of loan officers. They can give you an answer about how their underwriters will handle a loan application.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.