Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allied Interstate

tag
Ceejay1978
Regular Contributor

Allied Interstate

Some dude from AI called my mom's phone earlier today.  I decided to stop running from the calls, to just tell them to send whatever in writitng.  So dude was like  "Hey Me" like we was cool and went back to HS.  So he went on with his shpeel about a collection i had with them and it was a small amount so I should just pay it... Im like ummm  who is it for?  He said AOL, my last payment..  I said HA.  I dont owe AOL CRA...send it in writing!  and hung up.

Same exact scenario regarding some book club i supposedly owe.  And til now I never got anything in the mail for either. 

Isnt there a law that they are supposed to mail you first and then start calling?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Allied Interstate

DV them. The DV here has a limited C&D which should stop the phone calls. If they call after signing for it, they are in violation.

Stay off the phone!
Message 2 of 6
Ceejay1978
Regular Contributor

stef37 wrote:
DV them. The DV here has a limited C&D which should stop the phone calls. If they call after signing for it, they are in violation.

Stay off the phone!

None of these are on my report....  So i wouldnt know an address or account number.

So i should start avoiding the calls again?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ceejay1978 wrote:

stef37 wrote:

Stay off the phone!

None of these are on my report....  So i wouldnt know an address or account number.

I found this address and number off of the FSA website.

Allied Interstate, Inc.
P. O. Box 26190
Minneapolis, MN 55426
(800) 715-0395

Send an unknown debt letter with minimal info (Name, address, and phone) Add a limited C&D.

I would not call them to ask what it is they are collecting on. Hopefully whatever it is, you can head it off from hitting your reports.

Edit to add correct CA info.

Message Edited by stef37 on 07-31-2008 02:41 PM
Message 4 of 6
Ceejay1978
Regular Contributor

stef37 wrote:

Ceejay1978 wrote:

stef37 wrote:

Stay off the phone!

I found this address and number off of the FSA website.

Allied Interstate, Inc.
P. O. Box 26190
Minneapolis, MN 55426
(800) 715-0395

Send an unknown debt letter with minimal info (Name, address, and phone) Add a limited C&D.

I would not call them to ask what it is they are collecting on. Hopefully whatever it is, you can head it off from hitting your reports.

Edit to add correct CA info.

Message Edited by stef37 on 07-31-2008 02:41 PM

Thanks.  Is that letter on here (unknown debt letter) I tried to do a search but couldnt find it.

Thanx
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  Is that letter on here (unknown debt letter) I tried to do a search but couldnt find it.

Thanx

If there isn't one on here to use as a template, it would basically go something like:

Allied Interstate
address, etc

Representatives of your company have been calling my (house, cell, whatever phone), attempting to collect on various debts Allied Interstate alleges I owe. 

[assuming you've never had AOL or joined a mail-order book club]     I have no knowledge of these alleged debts, as I do not and have never had an account with AOL, nor have I ever joined this "book club" for which you're trying to collect. 
This letter serves as your notice to stop calling me and remove the phone number noted below from your records completely!  If you still allege I owe these debts, communicate with me in writing ONLY.
The FDCPA requires that you validate debts on which you're trying to collect, upon request from alleged debtor.

Ceejay
address
phone number (to be removed from your records)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.