Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ally Financial Goodwill Letter Success?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ally Financial Goodwill Letter Success?

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum, but I've been working on my credit for a about a year. I've done pretty well, but I have about 5 late car payments with Ally from about two years ago that are holding me back. I've read about Goodwill letters, so I decided to give Ally a call and ask them about it which in return they told me they can not take off any late payments unless it was a mistake. Just curious if anyone has had success with getting a Goodwill letter to work with Ally? What is the best way to pursue this ? Any information would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ally Financial Goodwill Letter Success?

All you can do is begin a campaign of GW letters to the creditor and I would send them to the office of the CEO. Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I emailed the CEO of Ally last week concerning some late payments. I found the email just by doing a google search. Soon after sending the email, an Auto Rep. contacted me stating that they would submit a request for removal. The rep. mentioned that I had not been late in over a year and that was a positive in my request. They did ask that I go online and set up Auto Pay. I did that, contacted the rep. back and told them that I had set up the Auto Pay. They verified that, and submitted my request. 

I got an email this morning from "Auto Rep" asking me to contact them, so I did. The rep. told me that they approved my request to remove the lates and I would recived a letter in the mail, and it should reflect on my credit report in 30-45 days.  

Note: I have sent many Goodwill Letters via postal service with no response. I had also called requesting a goodwill removal and was told that they do not do goodwill removals. 

Message 3 of 14
Jkmitchell84
New Visitor

Do you mind sharing the CEO’s email address?
Message 4 of 14
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I emailed the CEO of Ally last week concerning some late payments. I found the email just by doing a google search. Soon after sending the email, an Auto Rep. contacted me stating that they would submit a request for removal. The rep. mentioned that I had not been late in over a year and that was a positive in my request. They did ask that I go online and set up Auto Pay. I did that, contacted the rep. back and told them that I had set up the Auto Pay. They verified that, and submitted my request. 

I got an email this morning from "Auto Rep" asking me to contact them, so I did. The rep. told me that they approved my request to remove the lates and I would recived a letter in the mail, and it should reflect on my credit report in 30-45 days.  

Note: I have sent many Goodwill Letters via postal service with no response. I had also called requesting a goodwill removal and was told that they do not do goodwill removals. 

Thank you for sharing your VERY valuable information, especially your experiences with Postal Service mailing and initiating phone calls for GW removal requests.  

I have nine 30 Day Lates with Ally and emailed a GW request on March 7th to the CEO, Jeffrey Brown, for removal of all of my late pays (the youngest one will be 4 years old in May).  My Ally account (60 months financing) was PIF in October 2017 with the lates reporting.

As of today, I have not received either a response to that email nor an Alert from any of the credit monitoring services I subscribe to.

Any suggestions on next steps would be appreciated.

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you’re on the right track. My email consisted of my gratitude to Ally, my hardship that led to late payments, and how well I am doing with my payments now. Let us know how it goes and Good Luck!
Message 6 of 14
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the quick response.  Since it's been 2 weeks since I emailed my GW request to Ally's CEO without a response, how long do you think I should wait to send my email again?

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you should try now. I did some research and also emailed a good will letter. I emailed it around 11:30 P. M. and received a phone call around 8:50 A.M. the next morning. I was shocked at such a fast response.
Message 8 of 14
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I think you should try now. I did some research and also emailed a good will letter. I emailed it around 11:30 P. M. and received a phone call around 8:50 A.M. the next morning. I was shocked at such a fast response.

Thanks for the advice.  I just emailed my 2nd request.  Hopefully, I will receive a phone call from Ally in the morning 

Total CL - $284K+
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m new to this forum and I have been trying to improve my credit, for past 5 years. I was recently denied for my past late payment history with Ally. I came across this forum to hopefully find guidance to my situation and I came across your post. My late payment history with Ally is very similar to yours. I no longer have a loan with Ally and it was closed positively, but my past late payments is holding me back from moving forward. Did you ever hear anything back from Ally? We’re they able to help you by removing the late payments? Any advice in this situation is greatly appreciated.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.