Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ally goodwill results

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ally goodwill results

So I emailed a GW letter to the ceo of Ally about a week and a half ago. Got a call from a lady and she said she would look into getting my 2 30 day lates removed from back in 2015. I was pretty hopeful after talking with her, but Friday I got a call back from her and they won't remove them because they weren't isolated events. Not sure why she even told me she would look into it because I explained over the phone and in the email that there were 2 30 day lates. Oh well. Guess I'll just wait. Also got an alert from eq about a balance decrease on one of my cap1 cards. Made a $120 payment around 10 Feb and it dropped my eq 2 points. I know its not a lot at all, but my eq seems to lag behind my other scores by about 25 points so it still pretty crappy. I just made a $500 payment to the same card yesterday that should bring the uti on that card to 15%. Hope when that reports it will raise it again. Eq just doesn't like me I guess. Lol
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
HRZ780
New Contributor

Re: Ally goodwill results

Keep on them with the GW.  Personally, I would EMAIL several of the top execs until something is done about it.

Speaking of EQ...When I was knee deep into my credit back in the 2000-ish, EQ was always the worst of the three big CRA's.  Having gotten back into the swing of my credit again, I've noticed that not a lot has changed with EQ.  They still lag, are last to report anything, resist removing erroneous information (especially personal info/addresses that do not belong), report erroneous & doubles of same lines (especially if they're lines that hurt you) and their automated ID verification system is riddled with issues which leaves a lot to be desired.  Overall, I don't think very highly of EQ.  The only time I seem to get anywhere with them is when I call them directly and SPEAK with someone.  I know, wild....but that's been my experience.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I totally meant experian. Not sure why I typed in eq. Equifax is actually one of my highest scores across all models especially since they deleted my SL accounts after they were discharged. Experian does all that for me. The duplicate accounts that are all negative, slow reporting, slow increases and all that. I tried to dispute the duplicate SL accounts to absolutely no avail. I have originally like 4 maybe 5 SL accounts but when I pull my report there are 14 and all negative. They won't take them off but they did seem to somehow update the 120 day lates on all of them which dropped my scores again. Just not going to bother disputing again. I'll just have to wait til 2025 when they stop reporting.
Message 3 of 5
HRZ780
New Contributor

When it comes to EX, I find that the best way to dispute the kind of information you're speaking of is through the mail, not online.  Online is good (with EX) for minor personal info items such as addresses, etc.  But when it comes to the derogatories, USPS certified mail with a clear/strong demand letter usually works on the obvious problems.

Anything goodwill related, I always open with an EMAIL letter to at least 6 of the companies executives all at once.  The problem usually goes away within a week or two on the outside.  That has been a 100% effective method for me.  I will note that when I say goodwill, I am speaking of an item I want removed regardless if it's my fault, their fault, correct, incorrect, etc.  Just want it gone.  They usually see that I've figured out how to contact all their high level execs and they want me to go away.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied this very technique 2 days ago a CSR from the executive branch has reached back out to me today saying that several executives received my emails and letters and the lates will be reviewed thoroughly.. i might add he appeared to have a different tune hoping for the good and they will just adjust the lates until I go away 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.